What happened to VIRGE Gu. 紫月 Sizuki?

I understand, admin. By “baseless rumors” I was referring to the previous comment, not to your moving the comments to Rumors. I think you did a nice job by making neutral comments here and not recting emotionally.

It is unfortunate that there don’t seem to be any Japanese fans in this community. Well, I really don’t know if there are any Japanese fans of VIRGE that can write and speak English well :sweat_smile: Sizuki’s Japanese fans (whom I mentioned above) can only read English. So if we need many Japanese fans confirming Sizuki’s mental illness, that’s gonna be like Mission Impossible.
In addition, according to the Japanese fans, it seems that only fans that have been following Sizuki since his old band era/since his debut know his mental illness. And some aren’t fans anymore because they could no longer stand Sizuki’s misbehavior. (Don’t know how they learn about Sizuki’s misbehavior though.)
To be very specific, I learn about Sizuki’s mental illness from 3 Japanese fans. 2 of them have been following Sizuki since his old band era, and the other since his debut. But I don’t think 3 is enough in this case, right? :sweat_smile:
I guess this topic is gonna remain in the Rumors section forever then ><

I get it if you think it’s possible that none of what is mentioned here is true.

Just to be clear about 2 things:
1.I’m not a fan of VIRGE. I’m only here to share what I learned from Sizuki’s fans. 3 of them are Japanese, and the other is an overseas fan who learns things from a Japanese fan she trusts. So it’s more like “what 4 (or 5) of Sizuki’s fans said” in my case and… “what Ryo wrote in the fanclub blog” or “what fans believed to be written in Ryo’s fanclub blog” in other people’s case.
*Not sure if other people here are fans of VIRGE. Seem like they could be, and some seem like Ryo’s fans (to be confirmed though).

2.Because I’m only here to share things, I didn’t mean to claim that something must be true and something mustn’t be true. Sorry if the way I respond to others’ comments make you think so. I just don’t want to see the fans I know feel sad cuz’ not many people (even in Japan) believe what they said. They understand that people must be mad that Sizuki has done many terrible things; they simply hope that people can know that there’s a reason behind it. They really wish that people could see what Sizuki was like at the beginning, before he joined VIRGE. According to them, Sizuki really was a totally different person back then, a very hard-working and responsible person. They hope that overseas fans can know about it too, and they do read the posts here from time to time. But they can only write in simple English, so… here I am. Not saying that people here have to believe in them. Just saying that sometimes there are more than one side of a thing. At least I tried.
*Here are the only 2 things I did mean to state is true:
First, Ryo does have lots of crazy fans. This can be easily confirmed to be a fact. Methods were listed in my previous comment.
Second, there are bandmen who were mentally abused/cyberbullied by rude, strange, crazy fans. Also listed in a previous comment of mine. (I only mentioned it to say that believing only in what’s publicly announced can sometimes lead to not knowing other facts. Some people here don’t seem to think that crazy fans would bully bandmen because bands mostly post things like “a fan is banned from going to their lives because she bullied fans at the live venue, etc.”)
*Not sure if other people were trying to debate though. I’m not them, so I can’t confirm it for them. However, I totally understand if people are still angry at Sizuki.

Dude, are you trying to write a book with your lengthy justifications?

12 Likes

Literally :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about this band and their members but this thread has become a really funny reading lol

5 Likes

I’ll just make it short then:
1.It’s funny that people would find my replies “lengthy.” Bandmen’s fanclub blogs tend not to be short, either. So I doubt length can be the problem.

2.Thought people here want to learn more about the bandmen, as well as how things are in the visualkei scene. Turns out otherwise. Therefore I won’t be making comments in this section anymore. Guess the admin is the only one being neutral and reasonable here.

3.I wouldn’t taunt back just because some people taunt me (and the fans from whom I learned Sizuki’s mental illness). Not an impolite person as they are.
Tbh I don’t really care if I’m taunted, but I do care how the fans feel. The Japanese fans do read posts here from time to time. Thank god the overseas fan doesn’t. Otherwise she may feel offended like the Japanese fans did.

2 Likes

We do, we just know that Tanuki rumours aren’t very reliable and don’t tell us much. It’s been that way for years, and it always will be that way.

4 Likes

Honestly, a lot of us are just here for the music (or live experience, if we travel back and forth to Japan). There’s an element of separation that comes not only from language barrier, but in not being entrenched in bangya culture (which I agree with you, sounds pretty damn toxic. Makes whatever complaints anyone has about foreign non-bangya fans seem petty in comparison).

That, combined with the increased sensitivity of newer, younger VK fans to any sort of accusations of impropriety leads the oldhead community to be a little bristly over too much speculation.

3 Likes

I appreciate you taking the time and going through the effort of sharing all of that even though you weren’t even a fan of the band (as long as it was true of course). About the crazy fan thing though, I was under the impression it was pretty common for vk bands to have crazy fans so I just always assumed if you’re in a vk band that is at all popular at some point you’ll deal with crazy fans, is that not the case?

3 Likes