Where do I buy music? šŸ˜¶

you could use buyee or ebay or mercari. for first hand items, try CDjapan

1 Like

This.

Iā€™ve seen people complaining about them, but so far I had no issues with the shipping or the products.

1 Like

Some bands work with companies that ship internationally. So for example, when I buy NAZARE stuff I usually work with BASE. I buy from their OHP, they send directly to me. Very forward thinking and one of the few ways I can actually get my money to the band, even if BASE takes a cut.

The other options mentioned are still valid, but if your goal is to support the band in the process, then proxies like Treasure Japan are great. If a particular band only ships domestically, Treasure Japan can act as your proxy and ship it to their warehouse, and then ship it to you. You pay for this service of course, but once again, your money gets to the band and not a third party seller.

I reserve third party sellers for live distributed releases or out-of-print releases I have no way of easily acquiring otherwise. Still though, these sellers are an amazing resource and should still be utilized. Buyee, eBay or Mercari, any are good.

1 Like

What do you guys think about tower.jp? Theres a release i want to purchase sooo badly from that site that i found.

Must be nice living in a country where the inflation is below 15%

We are around 30% here in Hungary :sunglasses:

1 Like

%97 here come at me bro, and they donā€™t even fucking deliver it here. You know what, fuck this Iā€™m going, Falling and running, Itā€™s all that Iā€™ve ever known.

1 Like

I got a record from Tower once and didnā€™t have any issues, just had to go through a proxy

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I will try that :grin:

If you are also looking for old (used) stuff, Facebook groups could be an occasional source.

1 Like

That is also a great idea! Thank you.

1 Like

Honestly this depends on the release and of you end up finding the CD it on a used market online. I prefer digital in certain cases and in some cases it ends up costing cheaper things like this are based on the following factors:

• Rarity
  • Year of release
  • Type of band or band name
1 Like

I have no idea what thread I should ask this in, this is probably the closestā€¦
I ordered the new lynch. album from CDJapan and now itā€™s stuck in customs. I paid my VAT in advance, CDJapanā€™s info page says that ā€œIOSS Number, VAT Number, etc. will be written on the electronic dataā€ but the message I got from customs says that ā€œthe seller provides the IOSS number in the order confirmation etcā€. Am I supposed to contact CDJapanā€™s customer service in order to get the IOSS number? Since I havenā€™t been able to find it in any of my order/shipping emailsā€¦ :weary:

1 Like

You should definitely ask them, strain them but in my experience your item will most likely be stuck in customs and if youā€™re lucky be recalled back.
I know some people who had this exact problems in customs, and I even see customs open shop and sell items that havenā€™t made past processing in third world countries. But this is weird, even ones I ordered were electronically trackable and had no problems making through customs because the sites I used assured and reimbursed anything that went wrong, Iā€™m sorry but itā€™s most likely cdjapans fault.

Itā€™s gonna be also weird but you should pm the mods for help, with photos and all they have a better idea at this