X JAPAN new single "ANGEL" release

what if this track just quietly drops with Hyde on vocals instead of ToshI

8 Likes

I’ll cry

Low expectations

1 Like

Apparently comments that mention Angel on Toshl’s blog get deleted :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

What an album! this is great! :upside_down_face:

Jokes aside. At least they released something after 3000 years lol good for them :slight_smile:

Seems that Toshi might not be the vocalist, Yoshiki contacted members by email days before the announcement and didn’t contact Toshi. Just fucking talk to each other ffs

4 Likes

Wait, I don’t follow X Japan, like did he just send out a group email saying “just so you know Imma do this thing under the X Japan name” or are the other guys minus Toshi actually involved aka will they get paid?

2 Likes

Yoshiki Always been a control freak, this will never change

Given that these songs have likely been recorded for years at this point, my assumption is they are involved - but in a way that doesn’t require them to actively participate now. Maybe they’ll have to promote it a bit or something, but I’m guessing it’s just letting them know that their work is being released & they’ll get whatever royalties come from that

3 Likes

Sounds like the ideal arrangement to me :face_with_peeking_eye:

Seems that Toshi might not be the vocalist, Yoshiki contacted members by email days before the announcement and didn’t contact Toshi. Just fucking talk to each other ffs

Aaw they are such a family. :hearts: /s

7 Likes

I would love to be in the X Japan boys group chat

2 Likes

Oh to be a fly on the wall when all five of them are in the same room.

6 Likes

Now THIS is the kind of stuff I’m here for, lmao. What a guy, what a “band”…

2 Likes

So a chick from the Philippines will be doing the vocals? Just get HYDE at this point.

1 Like

I’d put a fiver on Hyde being the vocalist for the studio release

2 Likes

I’m betting on Hyde too. Now all I gotta see is a music video complete with hide hologram and a horrific AI-generated ToshL abomination, or his face deepfake’d onto grandmama Hyde’s visage.

4 Likes

YOSHIKI can’t figure out how to end the song so Requiem is in limbo, but good news for TLRS fans as apparently they are working on new music so :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Apparently, the new X JAPAN vocalist is YOSHIKI himself.

https://twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/1674307176977022976

11 Likes

Bruh :laughing:

2 Likes