X JAPAN new single "ANGEL" release

“ANGEL” out July 28th. No this isn’t a joke, Yoshiki just announced it on stream. I wonder if Toshl is on it… I really hope they worked things out

18 Likes

u wot

4 Likes

X JAPAN will release a new single in 8 years titled “ANGEL” on 2023/07/28. It’s a new single after BORN TO BE FREE in 2015.

YOSHIKI also announced his classic world tour titled “Requiem” in October 2023 which will take place in 4 cities: Tokyo, London, Los Angeles, and New York. It’s his first world tour in 9 years since 2014.

6 Likes

Yoshiki has also announced a new single titled “Requiem” which will be released on 7/21

still no new x album

5 Likes

Given X JAPAN releases a new song every 8 years, we’ll have to wait 80 years for a 10-track album.

14 Likes

This came unexpected…but calling “World Tour” to just a 3 concerts abroad…

4 Likes

I’m under the impression Yoshiki’s accountant got nervous a year ago a urged him to earn a bit more

8 Likes

What’s better than a lame new ballad?

One that’s actually existed for more than 7 years…

Better late than never to release it I guess? (he could’ve kept it tbh)

12 Likes

My brain has trouble comprehending the news

2 Likes

Hey, there are already another couple tracks that could be used on the album. 40 years to go now.

2 Likes

Didn’t they release Born To Be Free 6 years after its debut or smth?

1 Like

Scenes when THE LAST ROCKSTARS ends up just being an elaborate ploy by YOSHIKI to get ToshI back into the fold.

3 Likes

I thought they played this when I saw them at MSG and was like wow! This is so mid!

Well whatever at least it’s something

1 Like

I never thought I’d live to see another X Japan release lol

1 Like

Honestly, still waiting on the follow up to his fxxxin spicy curry chips. Give the fans what they really want

Serious question though, are X Japan still relevant in music anymore? I don’t follow them and Yoshiki seems like he’s just coasting on old fame and hype. He’s the only member of X Japan I see in more mainstream light so, in my head it’s always seemed less like X Japan and just Yoshiki going on twitter when he feels bored

7 Likes

i knew the announcement would be a x japan release!! I shouldve posted it in the predictions board to prove it lolol im so happy

Oh sick… That’s just what I wanted from X JAPAN, another slow ass piano ballad

6 Likes

keepeth it

3 Likes

This is pretty much the /thread if the song is exactly the same.

Unless Yoshiki some how pulls a “Silent Jealousy” and we get a proper rocking latter half, this is a weak release for a summer.

2 Likes