Your Favorite Animal

yeah, even in the animes or TV plays, the raven is a typical 式神 (shikigami) of 陰陽師 (onmyouji) which is actually from the Japanese 神道教 (shintoukyou) legend of カラス天狗 (karasu tengu). and they’re also one of the typical summoning creatures by druids, alongside wolves, bears, etc. raven is a really religious creature I could say.

1 Like

Oh interesting, I didn’t know that, I also saw many of those animals in diffenrent series and so on.

1 Like

神道教 believes that everything has “souls”, no matter what creatures or stuffs. even a pen has “a soul”. it’s kinda nonsense but does let people treasure everything they use. it also influences me somehow which makes me a person who hate wasting.
also, maybe that’s why there are many animes about the cases that non-creatures turn into human. even though not all the Japanese people believe in 神道教, it gives more or less impact on their lives.
btw, I’m an atheist.

1 Like

I see, you know a lot about this. I have to say I always treat my stuff with care and I especially care for animals. When I see a wounded animal, I must safe it otherwise my heart it broken. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

me too, I always try my best to save everything not harmful to human. :blush:

not druid enough, but that’s what I’m able to do at most.

1 Like

That’s a good attitude. :smiley: Back then in my childhood I always wanted to be a veterinarian but I got to say that’s a hard job if you can’t do anything for animals then it’s really hurtful.

2 Likes

instead of being a vet, now I tend to become a vegetarian :joy: oh well, somewhat similar isn’t it? hahaha
and yeah, I feel upset if there’s nothing I could do to save the animals. btw, that little bug is still on my window, I wonder if it’s hungry :joy: but it’s still alive cuz it kept changing its pose :rofl:

1 Like

I can tell you that I’m a vegetarian for 25 years and I don’t regret it. As a child I always felt bad to eat meat. The bug is still there? Maybe you should give it some food :joy:

1 Like

I want to become friends with this cute snow leopard. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

it’s easy to become a vegetarian in China cuz the meat price is much higher than vegetables :sweat_smile: also, I don’t really mind the food itself, whatever it could be eaten and I could live with it, that’d be okay for me :joy:
yeah, it’s still there, I could see it even sometimes scratches his butt with his “middle feet” hahaha but no idea what he eats.

1 Like

Ok, I see, I think it’s the same here but sometimes vegetables can be expensive, too. For example, vegan food costs much more here so I try not to buy it but also I’m not interested into (I’d say) synthethic meat, never had the desire to eat meat in my life. :joy:

Haha, I think your bug has found a new home. Okay, so you already figured out “his” gender? :laughing:

1 Like

normally in northeastern China, only the price of Chinese cabbage is stable and dirt cheap as hell, but I can’t stick with it cuz it tastes horrible for me without spicy seasonings ugh :tired_face: (my parents can’t eat spicy food) and me too, I never feel like eating meat, but if there is, I can eat some, just never subjectively want to. if I want, I prefer beef and mutton, not a fan of pork in fact.

uhh, nope, but since I’ve ever watched an anime called “gokicha”, I just pretend it as a girl :rofl: too bad I still don’t know what to feed :joy:

1 Like

Okay, I have to say I also can’t eat spicy things if I eat that then I’ll cry :rofl: Guess, I’m just not used to it. I really can’t tell anymore how certain meat dishes taste, maybe I just forgot it with time.

What is gokicha? I’ve never saw it, will google it now. Ah, I see it’s a cockroach anime… :rofl:

1 Like

it’s okay cuz everyone has his/her own favorite taste. my tongue is just used to spicy stuffs since my childhood is full of pepper sauce :joy: btw I really hate stir-fried dishes, you know Chinese people love that kind of cooking, but it’s too oily for me and I always feel like eating something like salad, which is totally against elder’s flavor in China. (they don’t like the food which is too raw.) whatever, I’ll still stick with salad as much as possible.

yeah it’s usual for Japanese anime, that’s very shintoukyo, everything could be regarded as a human. :rofl: but that will just, bring more hesitation when we meet a creature which is harmful to us I guess. :rofl:

btw, “she” just left yesterday. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Right, everyone has his/her own taste. I admit, I always tend to oversalt my food then it just tastes better :joy:

Speaking of animes, recently I was looking for new animes and then I found a strange one… the “Bananya” anime.

I didn’t watch it but when I saw this cover, I just had to laugh. :rofl:

Okay, I hope you wasn’t too sad that “she” left you. :laughing:

2 Likes

@Luna very Cute this cover and the Kittens are so Adorable , i Adore also the cats! :heart: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

You’re right, it’s cute and somehow it’s the funniest cover I’ve ever seen. But this isn’t the only funny one there are more animal-related animes which are a little bit weird, I guess? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I usually make my food spicy and sweet then, and sometimes with sour taste, especially when I eat noodles and spaghetti :laughing: I always consider cooking as another kind of art, so I often wanna take “experimental steps” on the foods to make it taste different than anything else I’ve ever tried.

just searched for “bananya” and I think it’s not a Japanese anime, but looks really Japaneseque in both strange setting and cute vibes. :joy: we both love cats, so why not try an anime called “犬と猫どっちも飼ってると毎日たのしい”. pretty short episodes, highly recommended.
here are some pictures.

tbh, I really didn’t expect 杉田智和-sensei’s voice could fit that bad-tempered cat sooooooooooooooo much! :rofl: what a surprise.

1 Like

Chickens are my favorite. Unfortunately I can’t have any where I live right now, but one day I will

Screenshot 2021-04-12 152832

First picture from ourchickenadventures2.0
Second picture from urban.clucks

5 Likes

Foxes! They’re just so cute and fluffy. Like best of a dog and best of a cat combined!

Other animals include wild cats, racoons, tanukis and few more. One may say I took a few step ahead, as I own several animal plushies that I hug and sleep with a lot x3

4 Likes