Your favorite bands in 2022

AURORIZE

Aiolin was my gateway band to VK, thanks to their collaboration with Taro Kobayashi of KR Amazon’s Armour Zone fame on VENOM. i was a big Toku fan at the time, so VENOM, (along with GACKT’s Journey Through the Decade) was one (or two) of my first VK songs. I was quite shocked after i heard that Aiolin disbanded, but thankfully HIKARITO (now known as Kanata Yumishiro) came back earlier this year and tbh his solo music didn’t interest me that much…
at least until

and

dropped and those two songs already sounds better than most of the entire aiolin discography.
and then Aurorize debut with all of the aiolin members (minus You. i wonder what he’s up to now) and release their debut album shortly after, and it might as well be VK album of the year for me.
Also special mention to:

this song is going to be a blast live.
and

This band reminds me of CLOWD for some reason. Let’s just hope that they’ll have a longer career than them.

1 Like

This year was great for any music styles and scenes but Visual Kei… not that many bands really caught my attention or gripped me with a good release tbh. Can’t say much about non-VK music from Japan, because I didn’t really check out much (though 13th Moon’s EP to support the Ukraine was nice - musically and for the gesture).

My pick would also definitely be Xanvala. Imo the best newer-style and currently active band in the scene, they have been consistently good so far. Great music writing, nice production, solid release schedule and I like the vocalist’s voice. I hope too that they can stay active as long as possible, because the scene really needs talents like them.

NETH PRIERRE CAIN also dropped two good releases. Not outstanding (I liked their 2021 stuff a bit better), but not bad.

The deadman “I am here” CDs with remakes of their old songs was interesting.

Not sure if Madmans Esprit counts, but their latest album is very fun, but I still need to listen to it more to form a better opinion.

None of the complete newcomers of this year really caught my eye… I tried to like some, such as Bue, but they simply don’t click for me.

2 Likes

agree with the none comment tbh

If u mean band I do like born in 2022 NONE
If u mean my fav band still active in 2022 well:

Chanty
David
Hotaru
Generich.
Ainiku no Ame。
Ayabie
Phobia
Riku