Your favorite out-of-tune vocalist

The title speaks for itself. It might sound silly, but I defintiely think many of us have some love for some ‘bad singers’ as there can absolutely be some charm to it.

What vocalists who seem to struggle a bit to stay in tune at times would you say you liked the most and what bands do play for?

Here’s one band I really liked for it:

Also this band, the first band of XANVALA’s vocalist. He managed to get MUCH better only a year afterward. Very fast improvement even for a young singer.

Another one I really like:

3 Likes

Vocalist: Ryuka (Ex-Depain → Savage)

4 Likes

Idk if you want to call it out-of-tune, but certainly unstable: RynK from Grimoire.
I love Grimoire’s music, but RynK cannot hold his tone during heavier songs, you can hear he’s struggling to make volume lmao

1 Like

’ Your favorite out-of-tune vocalist ’

First thought : wow they are so many in VK.

3 Likes

There are some more then others but yea sounds about right

1 Like

Kaname from Ganeisha is my favorite out-of-tune vocalist

3 Likes

Mmmhm, gotta throw Genchou over on that post. Shit slaps.

1 Like

The answer is Jin from NEGA. It’s always Jin.

5 Likes

Gabrielle was a band made by school mates even their fans there were their school mates haha so that’s why.
Tatsumi really has good voice level. He is such an amazing vocalist, the perfect vocalist for Xanvala

Hisui from Madeth gray’ll. He’s an excellent screamer and can sound visceral doing harsher vocals, but his clean singing never hits the right notes and yet I like it in a kind of Robert Smith-ish way (in that the off key wailings sounds very emotional to me)

Shun from Deshabillz as well… though he can be unbearable at times, while other times his crap singing enhances the song, lol.

2 Likes

@Bunny-Usagii I checked the song out. I definitely noticed how discordant some of those notes sounded to my ears. That band has a unique sound. The breakdown was sick!

@ombra Haha, the more down the rabbit hole you go the more you find, especially among the obscure bands. I genuinely enjoy it for some reason.

@thetrendkiller It’s very nice to see a Kaname fan!! I feel like Kanane’s problem (if you want to call it that) is that he just doesn’t have much range. But to make up for that he’s a very expressive singer and has a unique voice. On another note I feel like this band probably had a big following in the underground vk indies scene. They were even active for 7 years before disbanding!

@zeus I’ve always had mixed feelings with Jin but mostly very very positive feelings. I remember on MH I had him as my pfp as Yasu. I normally hate nasal sounding vocals, which is why for a while I couldn’t get into bands like Spiv States or Signal.

Although tbh I’m not sure if nasal is even the right word to describe Jin. He doesn’t sound like his nose is clogged and he doesn’t sing with twang. It’s not a technique thing w/ him his voice is just high pitched in a specific way.

But I think what really captivates me about Jin besides the uniqueness of his voice is the way he expresses it.

Also I can’t get over how good of a bassist Ray is listening to that song, but that’s irrelevant.

@Gypsy382 This explains a lot. Thank you for sharing that. Although to a certain extent I feel like that is somewhat obvious in retrospect but I still wouldn’t have immediately thought about that or pointed to it.

I am sincerely very impressed by how much better he got shortly after that period. Look at him now. It’s a HUGE difference.

@Arcana Hisui is a legend. I love his style. Also that Madeth song has some of the most gorgeous guitar I’ve ever heard. That tuning is crazy luscious to the ears. Second song is really cool! Love the energy!

If y’all are still reading this check out this band. Masaki’s vocals were not polished at all but his vocals stand out and add feeling along with the other instruments. Some might like it, some might listen and laugh, but I think when you look a bit more into it you can probably appreciate the passion, energy and emotion. I’d always take vocals like this over an accurate but robotic singer.

Also just because I never said it before, and I never really ‘got it out of the way’. I don’t mean any disrespect to any of the singers by the title of the thread and I know/ we hopefully all know none of you guys do either.

4 Likes