Your favourite Vk/JRock guitar solo

3:18 3:44 such an epic vibe, feels like i am being abducted by aliens or smth lol

3 Likes

i usually canā€™t stand guitar solos & my brain shuts down a bit when they happenā€¦

idk maybe this sounds like a shitpost, heā€™s just walking up a scale w/ trills, but č‰²ć€…č‰² by Jakigan Meister has tbh my favourite ā€˜guitar soloā€™ in vkei (starts at 2:40)

honourable mentions to Fly me to the Zenith (starts at 3:42), hella simple but expressive and i just love that stupidly ultra compressed single coily sound from the speed disk master

and then whatever happens from 3:19-4:13 of Xā€™s Dahlia - does that count as a guitar solo or not?

but if we open it up to anything outside vkei then just unquestionably all of Flood by Boris - but really 16:18 and on

1 Like

3:16 in

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what it feels like :cupid:

This is also a good example of the type of sukekiyo song thatā€™s made up of a lot of great parts which donā€™t really come together that well (although Utaā€™s and Takumiā€™s guitar solos pretty much make up for it^^).

1 Like

The ones I can think of firstly are BUCK-TICKā€™s Angelfish, Tsuki no Sabaku (both composed by Hidehiko Hoshino) and FANATIC CRISISā€™ Tsuki no Hana

2 Likes

3:10~5:05