Zepp Tokyo to close in 2022

After 23 years with a total of 13 million visitors, livehouse Zepp Tokyo will close on New Year’s Day 2022 as the Palette Town Council will sequentially shut down operations of the Palette Town complex in Odaiba. This includes neighboring facilities Venus Fort, Megaweb, the Palette Town Ferris Wheel, and the Mori Digital Art Museum.

Zepp Tokyo、来年元日に営業終了へ 約23年で1300万人が来場した旗艦店
2022年1月1日に営業を終了するZepp Tokyo
拡大写真
2022年1月1日に営業を終了するZepp Tokyo
東京・青海のライブハウス・Zepp Tokyoが、2022年1月1日をもって営業を終了することが21日、明らかになった。臨海副都心パレット協議会が発表した。1999年3月の開業から約23年の歴史に幕を下ろす。
【写真】その他の写真を見る
Zepp Tokyoが入居する複合施設「パレットタウン」区域の開発事業の一部進捗に伴い、今年12月から順次、「VenusFort」「パレットタウン大観覧車」など各施設を閉館/営業終了するもので、Zepp Tokyoは来年1月1日に営業終了することが発表された。
Zepp Tokyoは、現在国内9ヶ所、海外にも展開するZeppネットワークの旗艦店。98年4月のZepp Sapporo、同年11月のZepp Osaka(閉館)に続く3店舗目としてお台場にオープンし、収容人数はスタンディング時で2709人の大型ライブハウス。約23年で約6000もの催事を開催し、これまでに累計1300万人が来場している。
公式サイトでは「Thanks & So Long! 1999-2022 23年間ありがとうございます!!」「実質的最終営業月になる12月は“Thanks & So Long!”月間とし、何度も舞台に立って頂いたアーティスト様を中心に今後も全国のZeppでパフォーマンスを行って頂きたいアーティストの皆さまにご出演頂き、”思い出を”、”夢を”奏でながら感謝、そして笑顔で最終営業日を迎える所存でございます」と伝えている。

7 Likes

Holy shit … this is kind of a big deal. Does that mean that Gundam Base is gone too?

Shit, that’s sad

But isnt Zepp were all of BP Records people perform ? :open_mouth:

This news physically hurt me

2 Likes

tf

I think this only affects the palette town pier. The gundam statue and Zepp Diver City should still be fine as far as we know.

1 Like

Is there a reason why they are closing?
I mean, like everything is to run down, they need to tear everything down or some other reason?

Also how many livehouses have closed now?

Dang, I really hope that I could visit and participate in the concerts there one day. Looks like I won’t be able to do so (,꒪꒫꒪,) …

First closetchild, now this… I’m slowly dying inside.

the digital art museum already announced it’s reopening at a different location so idk

2020-2021 I hate you both.

So I did some (quick) research and it looks like they’re shutting down for renovations of Palette Town itself. Whether this means Zepp Tokyo will re-open is to be seen, but they’re closing down Palette Town itself in phases. I’m glad I got to ride the ferris wheel and go to teamLabo before its closure.

1 Like

Damn, this is sad. I am so grateful I got to see lynch. perform there once ;;

I’m sad that Venus Fort is going, it’s such a time capsule of mid 2000s! Planning to go there on their last day.

Sad for the Zepp to close as well, but I’m glad it’s not Zepp DiverCity or Toyosu Pit