アルルカン (Arlequin) Gt.Kuruto (來堵) under investigation

*All info from the article is machine-translated so if there’s any errors, please feel free to correct.
Please note that this is not a direct translation of the article itself, just paraphrasing.

Original article:

According to weekly magazine Shūkan Bunshun (週刊文春), アルルカン (Arlequin) Gt.Kuruto (來堵) is currently under investigation for the sexual assault of Ba.Shohei (祥平)'s girlfriend.

He was accused by a woman in her 20s, who first met him at a bar in November 2020. They exchanged contact info, which eventually led to Kuruto asking her out. However, the woman refused as she was dating bassist Shohei at the time. This led to an incident in July 2021 where she was allegedly forced to drink 60 shots of dark green tea which contained 90% shochu (Japanese distilled liquor), passed out, and woke up in Kuruto’s house where he was having sex with her. She quickly awoke, pushed him off, and ran out of the house. She would then contact Shohei about the incident, but he didn’t want her going to the cops as he didn’t want to risk getting kicked out of the band.

However, the victim would change her mind in February 2022, when she says she saw a LINE group chat between Shohei, Kuruto, and the president of their agency. The president is alleged to have told them that if the incident went public, then their lives as an artist would be over and he wanted to make contact with the victim, so the president and the victim apparently did just that where he apologized. Later in July, the victim would submit a damage report of quasi-forcible sexual assault to the Mejiro Police Station of the Tokyo Metropolitan PD, and it is currently under investigation.

According to the victim’s attorney, he told the newspaper that Kuruto had said that the sex was consensual and the victim was not intoxicated. Neither Shohei nor the president stopped her from going to police, and if she and Shohei were to break up, then Shohei would say that Kuruto forced him to have sex with her (imo this part is unclear, please let me know if this needs to be corrected).

Kuruto would then send a Line message to the victim to apologize and acknowledged the investigation.

Screenshot (610)

Further updates of the investigation are expected to come as Shūkan Bunshun (週刊文春) will follow up on further details on the woman’s accusations and Arlequin’s agency’s response in their next issues on 2/15 and 2/16.

btw for those questioning the validity of this story, Yahoo Japan has also reposted it (literal copy&paste) but yeah this is kinda huge

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/ee13859893b946fd0852c9c35538fb8762d1eea9

12 Likes

shocked

8 Likes

I was talking to my friend in Japan this afternoon about this, just repeating what she translated and told me. So it wasn’t that the lady didn’t want the bassist to lose his job, it was the bassist telling her not to report it to the police as he didn’t want to lose his job.
What the president said in the line group chat was similar to the machine translation, as in their lives as artists would be over, therefore please keep your woman in line and don’t let her go public.
Shittiness all around.

12 Likes

No way theyre gonna continue activities after that

5 Likes

Totally expect the new album to come out and for this to be swept under the rug.

5 Likes

Maybe Tamon saw the writing on the wall.

9 Likes

Albums have been shelved for less. Only time can tell what happens next. I prefer to wait until we have all the details available.

4 Likes

Beyond disgusted, i doubt more info’s to come out anytime soon… sucks because I like their music but if they cant make the right decision to be transparent with their fans then that’s on them

1 Like

Wanna highlight the fact that Shohey knew about this for 2 years — and he still worked with Kuruto. Horrible situation overall.

5 Likes

This is crazy omg

Is it common in vk for guys to share girlfriends? I understand it’s always been a thing in rock, but giving your friends consent to try and sleep with and even rape your girlfriend seems like some weird cuck shit.

3 Likes

IM SICKKKKK

I wonder how much Aki knows.

3 Likes

Yikes… Def. far from the only instance of this in host & vk world reported-or-not, but I never feel any less revulsed reading through the detailed accounts. Sad shit.

7 Likes

Rumours about this whole situation first started in tanuki back in June last year. If it’s just tanuki noise I’d expect exactly that. But bunshun has more weight I believe.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ whose predicting Arlequins breakup. I know I am ffs is Aki the only behaved one (so far) . I wonder if this is why Tamon went awol?

2 Likes

lmao at everyone forgetting about Nao

3 Likes

Who?

4 Likes

The new chapters of the story get very interesting

Really hope this doesn’t spread like a virus until the whole story comes out, last thing we need is SJWitter J-Rock going crazy and harassing the members. Haven’t seen anywhere pick it up yet, so.

1 Like