キズ (KIZU)

Nobuya is a great choice for a project like this, since he has such a distinctive voice but he basically always sings with a partner. I think this one feels really balanced as a result.

1 Like

I’m being picky but I really dislike Nobuya’s vibrato, maybe it’s because he shivers every time he does it but it doesn’t seem natural?

Everything else is good though and given that most of the track is both singers harmonising I’d say this is one of the more unique renditions.

2 Likes

I couldn’t take my eyes off the shuddering either haha

1 Like

I didn’t notice until you pointed that out, but now it’s all I can see. :joy:

1 Like

That’s because he can’t vibrato so to make it happen without proper training, people shake their head or rub their throat but anyway to make some kind of vibration in their singing haha.

He should just do some daily exercises so he can produce it naturally

1 Like

It’s the so-called Kamijo syndrome.

7 Likes

Needs to watch more Kiyoharu.

I have been listening to this band lately, they are very solid. It’s a shame they haven’t released a full LP by now though…

It was revealed in some interview that they’ll most likely never have one. Some bands don’t really do their best when it comes to full-lengths though. At least they keep their singles creative

probably one of the better modern VK bands. singer can actually belt it out and I haven’t heard any recycled melodies from older bands yet. “平成” is pretty amazing.

7 Likes

So is the little stick insect in their MVs a mascot of sorts or just an easter egg?

1 Like

I had a fun idea i wanted to try. Since this band never released an album besides a compilation. What are some of your favorite kizu singles. I listed all of them below from first to current so far. Mine is 蛙 -Kawazu- I really loved the songs from there they are very unique and memorable for me. I had to pick between so many and i love them all and this decision was hard. If you had to pick what would it be?

• おしまい (Oshimai)
  • 蛙 -Kawazu-
  • 傷痕 (Kizuato)
  • ステロイド (STEROID)
  • 「0」
  • 平成 (Heisei)
  • ヒューマンエラー (HUMAN ERROR)
  • 黒い雨 (Kuroi Ame)
  • 地獄 (Jigoku)
  • ストロベリー・ブルー (STRAWBERRY・BLUE)

0 voters

2 Likes

Haha, I can’t tell.
Except for Kuroi ame (and only the song itself, not the full single) I only listened to Kataki after its release. I don’t even know what other songs are put on the singles.

And somehow I barely can decide on which songs I like more than others of theirs. So even if I only would focus on the title songs of the singles I couldn’t really pick one.

1 Like

I voted for kawazu but was a very hard choice and mostly went for it because it was the first one I saw. Could very easy have gone for Steroid, Kizuato, or Jigoku without a second tthought, and a case could be made for Strawberry Blue based on the sheer number of times Ive listened to Tsumi.

3 Likes

I recommend listening to some of the singles in full they are all very good you wont be disappointed. Some i believe are on youtube and various listening platforms

I chose 0 because of the titular track. I rememeber that zero was shorter single but I am not sure. It was track that got me into Kizu. I remember listening to Steroid back when I was getting into VK and didn’t know that they were called Kizu yet. Maybe as a single I like more Human Error
It has two of my favorite songs Human Error and Juunana.

2 Likes

I voted for Kuroi ame, it’s one of my favorite singles by them :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

Kuroi ame is your favourite Kizu single? I dont mean to sound like a nob or anything but how much of their discography have you heard? Everyone is different i guess but thats baffling to me. Lol.

My choice would be Kizuato or Kawazu, really cant choose between the two. Both singles were great and were supported by equally as great if not better b sides.

It’s not my favourite, but I still feel like the hate for Kuroi ame around here is so overblown.

8 Likes