キズ (KIZU)

Yeah, besides of that I listened to their other releases. But kuroi ame is still one of my most played songs and it helped me a lot whenever I felt down or sad 'cause it brought out my emotions so it was healing for me.

4 Likes

the english version has given the average vk user massive brainrot

Oh really? I gotta say, I also liked the English version. I remember when I listened to the song and looked at the lyrics to understand it better.

I think the english version is absolutely fine (especially when it comes to vk), the japanese version is lovely, and juusei and iki no dekiru shigai are glorious. I think if most other bands put it out, I’d have had it as a contender for #1, but there’s just stronger from kizu imo.

4 Likes

Idk why and it may be an unpopular opinion but i found ストロベリー・ブルー to be my least favorite as a whole single.

5 Likes

I agree with you, it’s really fine and often I’m glad when japanese bands trying to sing in English.

1 Like

I’m guilty of joking about it, but yeah, by vk standards especially it’s really very good, and the song itself is lovely. If I’m honest, I think if the english was as bad as people joke, it wouldn’t be notable enough to even mention.

2 Likes

It’s between おしまい and「0」for me.

Love all the tracks on Steroid. Kizuato is a close follow-up. I would put 0 up there because it’s one of my favourites but the B-side doesn’t do so much for me and it’s the only single with just 2 tracks.

I actually really like Strawberry Blue, just got a whooe different vibe going on and it just works for me. I do feel like Human Error is a bit underrated though, thats pure bangers really. Haha.

2 Likes

I always wondered, why is there so much hate against that song?

I personally like the song too and even the english version. (I voted for 0 thou, but for other reasons)
@Luna i am happy you like the song too

3 Likes

I guess for me is it’s just too generic. Boring riffs with a predictable boring structure with no exciting twists and turns or anything. That said i do begrudge the fact that the chorus has an annoying habit of popping into my head. Haha. But yeah i feel it’s one of those songs that if done by another band would be acceptable but compared to everything theyve done basically it just feels lacklustre. Thats just my feelings for what its worth. Haha.

I voted for Kuroi Ame, because I love that song and felt like it needs more love in the poll. :sweat_smile:

Actually I like all songs from the single maybe except for Black Rain, mostly because the word “babe” in the chorus annoys me for whatever reason. Anyway objectively, it would be hard to chose a favorite single for me. xD

6 Likes

Haha yeah i get you, so many of the great b sides dont make choosing a single single that easy. Heisei is easily my least favourite for fault of that massively gash production. Forever hate that, and hate the fact they didnt change it for the best of… so much for putting in some consistency there.

1 Like

I actually love Heisei b sides song-wise, but I get what you mean. xD I was always wondering what’s the deal with sound quality on this one.

1 Like

Yeah the songs werent bad just the production was horrible so kinda killed it a bit. I cant remember what the deal was exactly but i think it was produced with something very specific in mind, jump in if you remember people!, but i think it was designed to be listened to on surround sound or something like that.

1 Like

Spatial audio, it was also mixed by someone more prominent in other genres

This show looks cooler than this one did.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/38f234c41407457d62f94cf2c0abc310e04d69fa

To sumarize, Kizu will hold two shows in Hiroshima and Nagasaki on the anniversary of the bombings.
In regards to this, Lime said: “I might not be able to do anything big enough to change the world, but it would be nice if seeing these dates and venues gave people an opportunity to pause and think.”

2 Likes