-真天地開闢集団-ジグザグ (ZigZag)

Band: -真天地開闢集団-ジグザグ
(-Shintenchikaibyaku Shuudan- ZIGZAG)

Formed in 2015

Members:

Vocals: 命 (Mikoto) (also the vocalist for WANDS)

Bass: 龍矢 (Ryuya)

Drums: 影丸 (Kagemaru)

Former Members

Bass: 蒼梓 (Aoshi) (2015-2019)

Guitar: 刃 (Jin) (2016-2018)

Despite their outrageous attire and dramatic expressions in the photos above, Zigzag is a band that doesn’t take themselves too seriously. Their live shows are often full of ridiculous stage banter, lots of crowd participation, and lots of smiling. Even their songs contain lyrics about wanting to go home, going to a maid cafe, and even putting your garbage in the garbage can.

Even with their ridiculous gimmick, zigzag is full of very talented musicians, songwriters, and composers. Although the lyrics of a lot of their songs are ridiculous, they are all still really well-written and catchy songs.

I’ll leave a few songs down below. What do you think of their music?

7 Likes

Even with such a distinct look, their songs are very ‘light’ on the ears. There’s just something about Mikoto’s voice that really keeps me coming back to ZigZag.

2 Likes

The maid cafe PV is so funny that I have watched it multiple times.

2 Likes

Mikoto has such a nice voice, and I really like their aesthetic. Promise is a such a great song <3 One of my favorite recent VK bands~ I’m digging their recent releases ^^

3 Likes

Yea, there songs are awesome and unique , Rabbit Girl is another song I really like.

1 Like

The song about wanting to go back to bed has been my alarm tone ever since I heard it tbh. Zigzag has been my favorite vkei band since I first stumbled upon that pv because the video itself was mega relatable and Mikoto’s got a voice I could endlessly listen to w

Not to weab out but like, honestly if I wouldn’t have come across them I would have written off all vkei past 2010 and just listened to classics but I’ve followed then closely ever since.
I had no idea that Mikoto was Daishi Uehara until that rumor thread on MH so I’m honestly really glad that he’s successful I both vkei and more mainstream music tbh

1 Like

I love their sound so much. I’ve been following Mikoto since Ray℃ because I am obsessed with his voice. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Never payed much attention to them till elazmus mentioned them some time again and they have become one of my favorites every since then. Mikoto has such a beautiful voice <3 I love Promise, Rabbit girl and Suki ni natte Kuremasu ka but also their more crazier and fun MVs like Meido Kafe and the Neko song XD

1 Like

I had seen their outfits and heard them be mentioned a lot idk i never listen to them but now i did and it’s been two days and i cant get that stupid neko song out of my head and i want to cry, aside from that Mikoto’s voice is sooooo amazing ;; i understand the hype

4 Likes

the neko song, its so stupid but i love it

4 Likes

like everyone said, Mikoto’s voice is pure <3 Also, https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2020/10/08/0013764988.shtml
gives Precious and Hunksicle’s (Tatsuya and Kagemaru) age as 24 and 25. Mikoto is probably around that age,also

1 Like

:shinto_shrine:開催決定:shinto_shrine:

日本武道館 単独禊『慈愚挫愚』

日程:2022年11月15日(火)
会場:東京・日本武道館

※詳細情報は後日発表させていただきます。
※会場へのお問い合わせはお控えください。

https://zigzag.asia/live.html https://twitter.com/shintenchi0601/status/1523997026991570944/photo/1

They’re playing at Budokan in November

1 Like
3 Likes

FUCKING FINALLY

I’m glad my channel was sacrificed for this vs them not doing anything about old releases.

2 Likes

They also have this 2022 release on iTunes. Is this their latest release which I assume was a live dist?
[2022.11.30] 無料配布盤

Seems they didn’t include かわいくなりたいねん on あっぱれ珍道中 and 愛の美少女戦隊ジグザグ for some reason.

無料配布盤 is comprised of two live-limited releases, ぽんぽこたぬき合戦 their first single and 慈愚挫愚甲子園 a live-distributed furitsuke instructional/choreography thingy they did for lives (idk the proper terminology.)

They included those three songs on Apple Music JP, however; I know there are inconsistencies across services with these new additions appearing inaccessible outside JP atm for services like Spotify and Apple Music (region-locked).

It’s a shame they didn’t include the live-limited version of 糞麺氏ね, which I prefer over the final version which ended up more uptempo and less “raw”.

2 Likes

according to this site:

Kagemaru’s real name is Yoshinori Yamamura
Mikoto’s real name is Uehara Daishi

1 Like

Kagemaru normally works under his real name when he’s doing ESP events or guest drumming for/with other artists.
Mikoto however uses Uehara Daishi as his pseud in WANDS. He’s done some solo work under the name Haibara Daisuke, he’s used that name twice already, first when he started out very long ago in the beginning with Ray C. There is a whole thread on it here I believe. It seems more likely that to be his real name but of course anything could be true.

1 Like