逹瑯 (tatsurou) (MUCC) begins solo activities

逹瑯 (tatsurou) (MUCC) has began solo activities and he will release two solo albums, “非科学方程式” (album provided by 10 artists) and “=(equal)” (2CD original album) on 2022.02.02. They will each come in two types (limited and venue limited editions).

limited edition of each album will feature a special jacket drawn by Tatsurou, special acoustic disc, and a special DL card and will cost 6600 yen

[“非科学方程式” tracklist]

1. 赤い糸
  2. TATTOO
  3. DESIRE
  4. surrender
  5. 壊れたピアノ
  6. frigidity
  7. 無限の花
  8. 新世界
  9. the love letter feat.DURAN
  10. 朱色の月

[“非科学方程式” featured acts]
足立房文 (Fusafumi Adachi)(ex.フジファブリック (fuji fabric))
石井秀仁 (Ishii Shuji)(cali≠gari)
eijun(菅波栄純/THE BACK HORN)
杉本善徳 (Yoshinori Sugimoto)
TAKE(FLOW)
奈緒 (Nao)(アルルカン) (Arlequin)
ナカヤマアキラ (Nakayama Akira)(Plastic Tree)
Preppy Boys Slippy (髙野哲 (Takano Tetsu) & 吉田トオル (Yoshida Tooru))
ゆうや (Yuya)(シド)(SID)
and more…

["=(equal)" featured artists (so far?)]
生形真一 (Shinichi Ubukata)(ELLEGARDEN/Nothing’s Carved In Stone)
ガラ(gara) (メリー (merry))
SORA (DEZERT)

It’s said that Miya and YUKKE are also involved as well.

8 Likes

I have no faith in this not sucking, but I’m curious nevertheless! :smiley: Some cool guest artists…

7 Likes

If they didnt have announced their new album I guess most people over there will be freaking out about them disbanding with this news…I found it weird suddently he decides to do this, so many years already since Karasu and Gekigakutai.

1 Like

I legit forgot karasu was even a thing

3 Likes

Is this Tatsuros way of letting us know that his midlife crisis started :thinking:

Its kinda weird time to start solo stuff after you just had your first song without drummer,

3 Likes

You know, I am thinking if maybe it’s his preparation for Mucc’s disbandment or long haitus. Not that I wish for it, but they have been going down hill for years and now lost a member. Plus they must be burned out from releasing an album every year for decades. So I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens.

1 Like

Nah, Hazuki also released a solo album and Miya has had side projects (Gizmo killed the stripes, involvement in Kyono’s band,…) before too.

Aku was actually on #1 of the charts, that’s not exactly any close to “downhill”.

4 Likes

I read that =(equal) has songs he himself wrote free from any other influence and 非科学方程式 seems to be the more interesting album to me, because apparently he asked the listed musicians to write songs for him and he performs them. Very curious about that!

2 Likes

Thats what i thought too, but kinda didn’t wanted to actually write it down.

Its a strange time to start a solo project.

2 Likes

I’m gonna wait for previews before I say anything tbh.

he lost his voice and sounds absolutely awful every time I hear him, but this could hypothetically carry some interesting collaborations that don’t fit the mucc duality of retro cuckold-rock/numetal karaoke of themselves.

He basically states in the announcement that Satochi leaving made him think more about solo activities in terms of individuality, breaking away from the band etc. (He also jokes that he can’t stay away from the band since Miya and Yukke are involved with the project)

4 Likes

I’ve still been looking forward to Mucc’s work these last few years, despite a lot of it being hit or miss. I’m interested to see what both of these will end up sounding like.

2 Likes

Both albums’ songs will be released in digital/streaming versions too, according to this schedule:

■2022/01/26「CRASH MAN」「赤い糸」
■2022/01/28「New Chaotic Paradise」「TATTOO」
■2022/01/31「door」「compass」「DESIRE」「surrender」
■2022/020/2「DYSTOPIA」「Mr.Contdown」「壊れたピアノ」「frigidity」
■2022/02/04「bloom」「cherry blossom」「無限の花」「新世界」
■2022/02/07「what if」「good night」「the love letter feat.DURAN」「朱色の月」

Here are the songwriting credits for 「=(equal)」:
All lyrics: 逹瑯 / All music: 逹瑯 / 足立房文
Arranged by 足立房文

The more exciting one, here are the credits for 「非科学方程式」:

1. 赤い糸
    Lyric / Music:eijun(菅波栄純 / THE BACK HORN)
    Arranged by eijun(菅波栄純 / THE BACK HORN)

2. TATTOO
    Lyric:KURO Music:TAKE(FLOW)
    Arranged by TAKE(FLOW)

3. DESIRE
    Lyric:逹瑯 Music:ゆうや(シド)
    Arranged by ゆうや(シド), ICHIRO KAMIYAMA, shun ÷1

4. surrender
    Lyric / Music:ナカヤマアキラ(Plastic Tree)
    Arranged by ナカヤマアキラ(Plastic Tree)

5. 壊れたピアノ
    Lyric / Music:Preppy Boys Slippy (髙野哲 & 吉田トオル)
    Arranged by Preppy Boys Slippy (髙野哲 & 吉田トオル)

6. frigidity
    Lyric:逹瑯 Music:石井秀仁(cali≠gari)
    Arranged by 石井秀仁(cali≠gari)

7. 無限の花
    Lyric:逹瑯 Music:奈緒(アルルカン)
    Arranged by 奈緒(アルルカン)

8. 新世界
    Lyric:逹瑯 Music:足立房文
    Arranged by 足立房文

9. the love letter feat.DURAN
    Lyric:逹瑯 / Ken(L’Arc~en~Ciel) Music:Ken(L’Arc~en~Ciel)
    Arranged by Ken(L’Arc~en~Ciel ) / 足立房文

10. 朱色の月
    Lyric / Music:杉本善徳
    Arranged by Kanri / 杉本義徳

5 Likes

Maybe this will be more convincing than Aku to me.

1 Like

Not a big MUCC fan, but this is exciting!

Does anyone have a clue who “DURAN” is?

He’s an indie-rock/alternative rock singer-songwriter and guitarist active since 2009, been in a few bands (The Rootless, a flood of circle), and apparently worked together with Koshi Inaba of B’z and Kiyoharu, among others. Started his solo career in late 2017.

1 Like

he lowkey hits the very rock bottom that even miyavi hasn’t dived into, love when Japanese go brrrrrrrrr trying to outwestern themselves and sound as mediocre and raw indie as their deaf studio tech can make it

1 Like

trying to outwestern themselves

Yeah, it’s not like vk and rock in general were western influences Japanese musicians adapted from the very beginning on

1 Like

Trailers with samples for both albums