逹瑯 (tatsurou) (MUCC) begins solo activities

That cover album is certainly interesting……

Tatsurou… keep all of it. Please. I beg you.

2 Likes

『≠{splenda}:¡』has some nice moments here and there;

he and Ken should strongly consider forming a project together and calling it 〖TOKYO FECAL MATTER FACTORY〗to spite petit brasserie. the second album is a one disk sampler of everything wrong with Japanese music.

5 Likes

You surely are the funniest person on this page

2 Likes

2 Likes

If throwing things at a wall to see what sticks were albums, these would be it.

Some of them I’m ok with (even bops), but MEOW MEOW NEKO YOLO def not one of them. That TATTOO and surrender sound like songs that 8P-SB would make :P.

1 Like

sounds pretty much like exactly what I was expecting, for better or worse

to just release two albums feels like such a Mucc like thing to do.

Looks like this is his double disc soundtrack to a midlife crisis

2 Likes

soundssssss bad, my guy

At least he has a lot of self-confidence…because not everyone would ask 6000 yens for each of the albums (barely 13 songs)…

Sound too generic/meh for me…on the good side, they wont end up in Mucc´s new album…

2 Likes

I kinda like the ≠ but then I remember mucc are releasing another album this year an aak myself what’s the point of having 2 albums like this right now

1 Like

what’s the point of having 2 albums like this right now

They follow different concepts:
=(equal) is his “real” solo album, meaning he wrote all the songs and lyrics. 非科学方程式 is an album where he asked befriended musicians to write songs for him which is a nice take I haven’t seen so far.
So 非科学方程式 isn’t anything that would have ended up on a MUCC album anyway and I could imagine that his solo songs are just songs he wrote for MUCC but didn’t end up on any album. That’s usually why we end up with vocalist solo albums anyway…

It would have definitely made more sense to release one double album or something.

Hakuei did it on his solo album in 2016, and I’ve seen SID and some other band members do it too contributing their compositions to other artists. nightmare, l’arc members and duel jewel come to mind as doing that, but I don’t remember the specifics.

Hakuei’s Virgin Vibration is also a beast of an album. I don’t think Tatsurou’s collab album holds up super well when comparing what we heard, although it’s unfairly pointless comparing an unreleased album to a full work.

Enjoyed doing it regardless :smiling_imp:

In regards of the song themselves being justified because of being composed by guests… They surely are different from mucc stuff but Tatsurou has such a big presence that they get very similar vives from me. Having 3 albums that will sound so close to one on other is way is diseconcouragubg to consider getting more than one.

If this year’s mucc album really takes off in an interesting direction that I dig and the tatsurou album has several songs I love maybe I do get them but even as a, mucc apologist I have struggle to enjoy most 9f the stuff they did after de Yoshida Tooru mini album.

Sure. Contributing is not special, but I was more referring to the concept of Tatsurou being like “hey, befriended bandoman, please write a song for me that you think fits my style” and compiling an album out of the songs

2 Likes

The video makes the song feel more boring than it is.

It’s an OK song. I like it mostly because of Tatsuro’s singing. That video is whack though. Should have just shot him recording the song in a studio.

It’s an OK song. I like it mostly because of Tatsuro’s singing.

Same. The (odd) lyrics which the video reflects and the song was written/composed by Eijun Suganami, guitarist of THE BACK HORN which are really good. He also put out some solo stuff under “eijun” lately which is also on iTunes and after hearing these songs a few weeks ago, I was afraid that the song he wrote for Tatsurou is gonna sound like that too haha

1 Like

The digital versions of the albums are released subsequently.
CRASH MAN (from =(equal)) and Akai ito (from 非科学方程式) have been released today and are available on streaming services.

The songs couldn’t be more different. CRASH MAN could definitely be a MUCC song, but it has kind of an 80s vk/speed metal/BUCK-TICK vibe to it.