逹瑯 (tatsurou) (MUCC) begins solo activities

So did anyone like his solo albums? For me there was not even one song that felt special…

I feel like most of them were rather generic and boring, but frigidity was really interesting because of the Shuuji Ishii vibes and surrender definitely felt like Plastic Tree a few years ago.

CRASH MAN, New Chaotic Paradise, compass, Mr.Countdown, TATTOO, frigidity and surrender were pretty good and really grew on me.
I feel like he should really have condensed these two albums into one album, because the other songs feel like fillers and the albums really suffers from that and the length.

I actually did kind of like them both. I thought the cover album was more interesting. He has a great voice and I love listening to him sing, but I also think the there was too much put out at once to make any of it feel really particularly good.

Both albums are OK, I liked the one with his own songs a bit more.

I LOVED that one Karasu single and so hoped they would do an album, but alas it was not to be. I just listened to Equal and I actually liked it significantly more than Mucc’s last album! I would even have considered buying it if it was available for a sensible price.

1 Like