30sec certain victory - Genki's new band

Something sounds off and I can’t put my finger on it.

I miss 8P-SB. There’s not enough here to like yet.

2 Likes

It got dropped on spotify now for stream

1 Like

This most certainly have potential

For now it’s rough. Production table removed ANY trace of any possible crispiness on the instruments. Kinda reminds me the old days of 96kbps songs of soulseek tbh

main riff is pretty dope, Genki can definitely improve but we’ve seen what he can do in the past, guitar work in general is not bad at all. Just way too clean and poorly recorded, I’ll treat it like a demo and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Man it feels great to see Genki doing heavier stuff again. Clean vocals seemed very dry, like they didn’t polish his vocals at all, but the entire song is roughly mixed anyway, so I kind of expected something like that. I was honestly happy to hear the imperfections in Genki’s vocals. It seems like he’s been taking better care of himself after Mejibray broke up, and with that it seems like he’s finding better ways to take care of his voice, like doing more warm ups, not forcing himself to hit those higher notes, etc.

2 Likes

Rough, very rough. Feels like it was mixed in about 2 hours by someone watching a youtube tutorial.
It does certainly have potential. I still have no idea how Genki can still sound like ass after all these years as a professional singer.

Professional VK singer…That brings the standards down by a lot. Most vkei singers have little to no actual training. Just dudes who picked up a microphone

10 Likes

Ill never understand why Tzk has so many projects. I liked Spell better then this i saw a lot more potentail in that project. Hopefully some progress soon. >.<

1 Like

A project for ballads, a project for darker gothy stuff, and a project for metal/Core/screamy stuff, I think it makes sense. Anyway I’m happy to hear him scream again I’ve always liked his harsh vocals even if he does sound like Donald Duck sometimes.

1 Like

so spell MVs are shot in his bedroom, and MVs for this look like they’re filmed in the underground parking at same condo he lives in? we stan consistency!

I would have liked this better if they didn’t start with trippy 8spb shit the moment mejibray were shut down. his clean vocals got lot worse tbh.

10 Likes
2 Likes

New song is well, composition wise, decent. But man, TZK sounds like absolute ass, it’s clear as day that his vocal performance is bringing the whole song down. He’ll never have the money White Side put into fixing his vocals on Mejibray tracks lol.

4 Likes

I think the fact that he’s trying so hard (and failing hard as well) to sing entirely in English is contributing to how forced his vocals sound. Why can’t they just stick to singing in Japanese ffs? :expressionless:

8 Likes

Late question but what has Genki done to throw shade att VK? I think I have missed stuff :sweat_smile:

The vocals are literally disgusting and that cover art… gurl. it does not take money to make some decent coverart with stock photos and freeware ripoff of photoshop, but this just lacks any taste. dude spent 5 minutes on dafont.com and called it art, meh
the instrumental slaps a bit tho
but why would you make 10 side projects if you can’t handle at least 1 of them successfully

I really do feel bad for the guy for whole mejibray & ban mess, but really his recent outpust is just not good.

8 Likes

Those aren’t even random bootleg fonts from the internet. I spotted at least Papyrus, Copperplate, Brush Script and Didot. They come with the system.

2 Likes

excatly, minimum effort. I will not stan

2 Likes

25 hours to the premiere.

2 Likes

It makes you think how much of anything that was good about Mejibray was actually by these guys, when all their solo efforts are like this. Some of the later 8b-sb stuff had a vision, whether good or bad is up to you, and at least a veneer of professionalism involved. This is either a cynical attempt at a grift or he’s just totally clueless. You either die a hero or see yourself trying to vlog for a living smh

8 Likes