30sec certain victory - Genki's new band

tbh this is much more digestible with a video on the side; Ryutaro is kinda awkward, but I like his compositions.

this project will need a better vocalist w/o a jaded scene association if they ever want it to grow bigger than performing at the local universities’ free attendance halloween parties, and as far as going back to VK for that coveted mitsu allowance trickle good sis is likely not welcome back over there.

2 Likes

I think Genki just wrote the lyrics back then so it makes sense, I have friends that can sing but can’t hold a guitar properly, he’s possibly still learning the how-tos regarding well… everything.

3rd Single “Calling you” · Release: 2021/12/15.
TuneCore

The lyrics for the new single are SO bad it’s hilarious. It’s like reading back your diary that you wrote when you were 9.

2 Likes

Can we somehow crowd fund Genki some vocal lessons?
I swear he wasn’t this bad even in Mejibray’s darkest of times.

1 Like

Could it be, that his vocals just fitted Mejibray’s style more?
Maybe it has to do with the mixing and mastering?
… Or was it autotune, that gave him better vocals?

I haven’t read any lyrics till now. But i am quite sure they are trying to go with, what seems to be standard in the Metalcore scene, to have english lyrics.
Just with the difference that most of those bands have at least one person who has a conversational level in english and could fix the worst mistakes.
(There are also bands with japanese lyrics or mixed ones, so i don’t know why Genki tries so hard to go with english)

I think his screams are good, but the clean vocals are a meh, otherwise the song could be a solid thing.

Please tell me where you found them. I don’t understand him enough unfortunately

4 Likes

Naming your band “30 seconds” just sounds like how long it’ll last. I’m predicting disbandment by valentine day.

6 Likes

What can I say, apparently FORUM’s ghost writing game was on point…

We’ve seen enough from them now to know this isn’t going anywhere, right?

4 Likes

Agree. I honestly don’t understand why Genki even tries to do anything right now, especially with this band. Unless he has unstoppable creative urges or he needs to release something in order to be relevant for some gya so that they spend money on him.

‘Cause this is just bad. Plain and uninspired. His solo project (spell) had far more potential than this.

1 Like

He could be just doing it because he like it and its fun for him.

Lets go of into my speculations about Genki

If its true what he said once and he has a borderline personality disorder, then there could be a reason from that. I am not a doctor and i dont know him personal, but what i do know people with that disorder are constantly searching for any kind of aknowledgement, and reason to be alive. (goes for other mental illnesses too) I have no idea, if he is in treatment still for it or not, is he stable or not.

9 Likes

Are they going VK? :thinking: Or why both started to wear make up?

8 Likes

I hadn’t seen those Ryu pics up top he looks good!

3 Likes

they both look good and I’m glad this is where this all is heading.

if Genki got in touch with speed disk (vanessa’s label) again they’re a much bigger deal than forum and some interesting things can potentially come out of it again.

5 Likes
2 Likes

new single “Look Back” has been released on 6/29

3 Likes

the song it akward but I really like what it tries to archive.

Bass Support: めぐむ(Megumu) (ex.LEVENA, GLORIA)
Drums Support: スズシン(Suzushin) (Curoe)

3 Likes

SET-LIST at 2024/02/07:
1.look back
2.MY WAR
3.YATSUZAKI
4.Letting me down
5.Consume my pain
6.Guillotine
7.Wasp
8.Calling you
9.BLACK