AI in J-Rock and Visual Kei

It’s a shame… I’d much prefer to see the artists instead of this. Or no video at all… it doesn’t even look like much effort. Like DEG at least tried to us AI with real visuals.

2 Likes

Allegedly, Nintendo’s Furukawa had this to say:

In the game industry, AI-like technology has long been used to control enemy character movements, so I believe that game development and AI technology have always been closely related.

Generative AI, which has been a hot topic recently, can be more creative [in its use], but I also recognize that it has issues with intellectual property rights.

Our company has [had] the know-how to create optimal gaming experiences for our customers for decades.

While we are flexible in responding to technological developments, we would like to continue to deliver value that is unique to us and cannot be created simply by technology alone.

obligatory “this isn’t vkei” but i’ve never, across friends, tech people, & arts people, heard a response that more closely mirrors my own thoughts than this - except here it’s put much more succinctly & impactful than anything i’ve tried to say.

esp the third line, mirroring allegedly Miyazaki 's “we humans are losing faith in ourselves” but from the opposite, more optimistic direction…

4 Likes