AIOLIN new single, album, MV collection DVD + new look

Seems that they will release a new single with the song “Mermaid Aria” (or is it the name of the single too?) on 2021.03.24. It’ll come in 2 types.

They’ll re-release their 1st album “Tear In The Rain +” on 2021.04.07. There’ll be new recordings.

They’ll also release a MV collection DVD on 2021.04.21.

2 Likes

I really like the new song, the guitar solo especially is amazing. I wonder if Voyage will be on the new release too?

Yeah, I think “Mermaid Aria” is also the title of their new single.
BTW, they’ll premiere the music video at 8 p.m. (JPT) on February 11th.
Can’t wait to watch it!
https://twitter.com/Aiolin_Official/status/1357995234848776192

Oh, you watched AIOLIN’s 4th anniversary live streaming, too?
Can’t agree with you more! The guitar solo is absolutely amazing!
It was such a surprise that they’d perform two of their new songs… plus a new intro of “Ark Night.”
I guess “Voyage” will be on their new release. Let’s wait and find out.

1 Like

For those who are interested, here’s the purchase link for AIOLIN’s 4th anniversary live stream:
https://twitcasting.tv/aiolin_official/shopcart/52428
You can rewatch the archive until February 20th, 23:59 (JPT) .
They actually prepared some special surprises for live streaming viewers! You’ll see when the live ends :slight_smile:

I wish I could’ve gone to the livehouse, but in the current situation I can’t go back to Japan. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to meet AIOLIN since the Fate era.
The last time we got this kind of guitar solo was Stardust, wasn’t it? And I really hope the new intro is on the re-recording of Ark Night because I really liked it. I’ll be sad if I can’t listen to it after the archive disappears.

1 Like

Hope the pandemic will end soon…
Yep, it was Stardust Crystal! Glad to see Hikarito play another amazing guitar solo in the new song :slight_smile:
I hope so, too! And I can’t wait to find out what new songs AIOLIN have decided to add in “Tear In The Rain+”!
I believe we’ll able be able to watch the MV whenever we want to. There have been lots of bands doing the premiere thing for their music videos these days; their premiered music videos can be rewatched just like the other ones.
BTW, the band is no longer called Aiolin. They have changed their name into AIOLIN since the release of Stardust Crystal.

Thx for adding the link!
Happy to see that they’ve added the lyrics in the description box below the video!
Also find it unbelievable that someone already disliked the video. Well, they haven’t even premiered the MV, so how can that person know if he really likes it or not (rolling my eyes)…

I’m sorry that I wasn’t clear, but I was wondering if we’ll be able to hear Ark Night’s intro in the future or if it’s just a live-specific thing. Hopefully it’ll be the same situation as コドモドラゴン’s HEMLOCK intro, which first appeared in the live before being included with the song when it was released on the next album.
I know about the name thing, but because I don’t usually write about AIOLIN in English, I’m used to having my keyboard autofill. If I type in “AIO”, “AIOLIN” shows up first so I don’t normally think about it.

Oh no, you’ve made yourself clear enough. That’s exactly what I meant. Looks like we both hope to hear the new intro in the future :slight_smile:
AIOLIN actually also mention in their tweet that they’ll add more songs in “Tear In The Rain+”. Can’t wait to hear them, too! (That’s what I meant by typing “And I can’t wait…!”)
I see. Sorry, I thought you didn’t know the information about AIOLIN’s name change, cuz’ many people, even including some fans, still don’t know it. Glad to know you already knew that :slight_smile:

They still haven’t made Mermaid Aria available to pre-order…
I think I’m a little paranoid because Fate got delayed around a month and a half and Dusk Reaper got cancelled. I really hope that the release goes smoothly

The only violin band left in VK sad face :disappointed_relieved:

Finally some news!

Mermaid Aria’s tracklist has been announced:
■Mermaid Aria -Ocean Side-
ALND-0014 ¥1,500(税抜)

1.Mermaid Aria
2.Snowdrop
3.Clear Gray(LIVE Ver. at 赤羽ReNY alpha 2020)
4.Mermaid Aria(Instrumental)

■Mermaid Aria -Land Side-
ALND-0015 ¥1,500(税抜)

1.Mermaid Aria
2.Absolute Egoism
3.Fate(LIVE Ver. at 赤羽ReNY alpha 2020)
4.Mermaid Aria(Instrumental)

As you can see, it’s been delayed and now will be released at the same time as Tear+, April 7th.
Tear+'s track list has also been announced:
■Tear In The Rain+
ALND-0017 ¥3,000(税抜)

1.Crystal Night
2.Ark Night
3.Starlight Road
4.Tear In The Rain
5.Error World
6.Remember The Name
7.AsteR
8.Faded
9.Ark Night(2021 Ver.)
10.Vanity(2021 Ver.)
11.Tear In The Rain(Piano Acoustic Ver.)

(edit: forgot the links(笑))

As for my personal feelings, I’m really glad that Snowdrop and Absolute are getting proper ongen releases, I’ve always wanted their lyric cards. Though I’m curious about Voyage. Is it really going to be a one off live song? Also I wonder if Monochrome will ever be finished? I’m not upset about the delay because it’s short.

Regarding Tear+, I’m really glad that Vanity is getting a full country release. Of course I have Proof myself (and Antithese for that matter) so I can already listen to Vanity whenever I want, but it’s a song that I want everyone to hear. I wonder if it’ll be the usual live arrangement or if they’ve come up with something new? Ark Night will probably include it’s new intro and I’m guessing piano acoustic Tear will be close to, if not the same as, the one on Hikarito’s YouTube.

All in all, I’m a very happy Aster!

Yeah, you’re right. Hopefully this band will last longer. I really love the violin parts in music.

Seems that Voyage is included in the S-ticket bonus (特典) CD.
I hope they’ll release Monochrome someday, too.

As to Ark Night (2021 ver.), as Hikarito mentioned in his live streaming “Hikarito’s cafe,” it’ll include a new intro, just like what they performed in their 3rd anniversary live. I guess it’ll be like what we heard while watching their 4th anniversary live streaming?
He also said that both Vanity (2021 Ver.) and Tear In The Rain (Piano Acoustic Ver.) are re-recorded versions.

Ah I see, I’m somewhat annoyed about that. If I wasn’t overseas right now, I definitely would have been able to get it…I really wish I could’ve just stayed in Japan the whole time, you miss out on too much being away.

I wasn’t able to watch Hikarito’s Cafe the last two times because my schedule’s been weird lately so thanks for telling me!

Hope the pandemic will end soon…
At least you have “Proof.” I don’t have it because it’s live-limited. I wonder if they still sell it at live venues. I’d like to get it when I get the chance to see their lives.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: I feel bad for you for having missed Hikarito’s Cafe twice though, especially if you had written an original article for him and he happened to pick yours to read. It’s always nice to hear his voice. And honestly, I was surprised and amazed that Asters are actually quite good writers.
BTW, I also have to tell you that Hikarito will stop doing his live streaming regularly. Instead of doing it on Sundays (sometimes Saturdays), he’ll do it whenever he’s available. So there’s a greater chance that you may miss it (depends on your schedule though) and thus can only watch the archive. I’m happy enough that he always saves an archive (for 24 hours) whenever he does the live streaming though.

2 Likes