alice nine./A9/アリス九號. are disbanding (?) on/"freezing" their activity from September 3rd 2023 after 18 years + farewell tour LAST DANCE announced

LAST DANCE ACT.3「Graced The Beautiful Story」ep.2〝Farewell Flowers〟」
■03/09(木) Spotify O-EAST
■03/12(日) 名古屋E.L.L.
■03/18(土) 仙台darwin
■03/19(日) 青森Quarter
■03/21(火・祝) 函館club COCOA
■03/24(金) 水戸LIGHT HOUSE
■03/26(日) 柏PALOOZA
■04/01(土) 京都FANJ
■04/02(日) 神戸 太陽と虎
■04/04(火) 高松DIME
■04/06(木) 広島SECOND CRUTCH
■04/08(土) 佐賀GEILS
■04/09(日) 熊本B.9 V-1
■04/15(土) 金沢AZ
■04/16(日) 長野CLUB JUNK BOX
■04/21(金) 浜松窓枠
■04/22(土) GORILLA HALL OSAKA
■05/03(水・祝) LINE CUBE SHIBUYA

2023.07.01(sat) XXXXXXXXX
2023.07.09(sun) XXXXXXXXX
2023.07.15(sat) XXXXXXXXX
2023.07.17(mon) XXXXXXXXX
2023.07.22(sat) XXXXXXXXX
2023.07.23(sun) XXXXXXXXX

2023.09.03(sun) XXXXXXXXX

7 Likes

eh…? are? nani? he?

2 Likes

Today is not a good day.

7 Likes

This is the year that visual kei truly dies.

11 Likes

Everything about their most recent album felt incredibly final to me, so the announcement isn’t necessarily surprising. Also, I’m starting to come to terms with all of my favorite bands aging and therefore not lasting forever …. But I definitely thought A9 would have several more years in them…… sad news.

12 Likes

Ikr? Living dead, Funeral, Farewell Flowers,… it was completely in your face

3 Likes

Yes not a big surprise considering the last album and the last MV. I think it’s positive news for them, they definitely need differents projects.

2 Likes

I think I’ve been mentally preparing myself since last year. I never used to keep the live ticket stabs, but from their 2022 autumn tour, I suddenly thought, maybe I should start collecting them. As a last album, Grace felt right. It has quite a mature sound. I’m sure they’ve tried their best and I have no regret. I’m still glad they had the courage to leave PSC and swim on their own for 9 years.

2 Likes

damn…

This is sad news. They have been dropping those hints lately, so I’m not surprised. It still stings though.

They haven’t released any good music since ~2014 except 1-2 good b sides.

The next one in line is Royz.

5 Likes

i haven’t really been following them since their first few albums but still a massive loss

Kinda expected after all the death-related names for tours, albums and tracks they’ve been coming up with lately but still. :slightly_frowning_face:

They’ve been one of my favorites since 2007. Past me would be devastated.

1 Like

As someone who has followed them for a good while, it is sad to see that they are going to either disband or go on ‘hiatus’ (Hopefully it’s the latter)

:frowning:

last date should actually be 9/3, not 9/9 on the title btw

It reads like a Malice Mizer-esque hiatus to me. Officially not disbanded, but no way they’re coming back

5 Likes

I’m the opposite. I think as long as everyone is alive and well (pressure is on, Tora :sweat_smile: ) a one-off live at their major anniversaries, e.g. 20th, 25th etc is likely.

3 Likes

rise & shine diawolf

4 Likes

Damn that sucks. They really have been around for a long time. I thought they would at least last until 20 year anniversary before disband but I guess they cut it short. Hopefully the members go off to do good things in the future. Please give the fans a best album like Sadie did with decade. We at least deserve that :frowning:

1 Like

lol dear god no (and I’m only half-joking.

1 Like