alice nine./A9/アリス九號. are disbanding (?) on/"freezing" their activity from September 3rd 2023 after 18 years + farewell tour LAST DANCE announced

Ah thank you for everything :pleading_face:.
This photos and setlist are nice .

Sad news, but I think it’s time. I used to love them, their first decade was brilliant, but their last couple of albums really haven’t been very good at all. Great run, though.

2 Likes

BARKS did an interview with Shou where he goes into detail about Alice Nine’s word choice and reason for their activity ‘freeze.’

He mentions that they specifically chose the word ‘freeze’ instead of ‘hiatus’ or ‘disband’ because they wanted Alice Nine to continue after the other members have some time to grow and branch out on their own. Discussions of disbanding or going on hiatus first came about because one of the members initially wanted to secede. Shou personally feels that because the members are friends (which he says is uncommon for bands lasting this long) that they avoided conflict and thus ended up stagnating. He’s very clear that there is no Alice Nine without all 5 members and that he’s personally aiming right now to improve his ability as a vocalist and his ability to create music on his own in the meantime. The aim with this pause is essentially to elevate the band’s potential.

Frankly I think this is a great strategy and I’m hopeful they’ll come back swinging after their training montage ends haha.

Source: 【インタビュー】将(アリス九號.)が新プロジェクト「Verde/」を始動。バンド凍結から見つめ直した自分の成長 | BARKS

10 Likes

This was interesting. I wonder which member wanted to withdraw. I can see Tora being distant from the musical direction they were heading into.

But I feel this status they ended in, is for the best. It’s a miracle they went this long with the same line up. I could feel their friendship and each member bringing something unique in their PSC days. Keep alice nine a good memory and not disband with drama and resentment.

5 Likes

In the end, imo, after all these years they only have a few really good songs worth adding to your playlist. The last couple of albums lacked in creativity and were just plain bad. It wouldn’t surprise me if the disbandment is connected to themself realizing they were creatively bankrupt, like… there is nothing left to squeeze out.
They simply didn’t have what was needed to become a legendary band. And maybe this will make someone angry but Shou was always a terrible vocalist, not gonna lie. That voice was not meant for singing.

Happy for them tho as they look happy and congrats for the run. It was a long run good after all, I guess, otsukaresama.

1 Like

They announced a Bluray/DVD that will be released at 03/06

Tracklist:
01 GEMINI -0-eternal
02 閃光
03 WHITE PRAYER
04 ヴェルヴェット
05 RAINBOWS
06 ブループラネット
07 FANTASY
08 GEMINI -I-the void
09 Daybreak