Analog Lords

Can’t say I’m a vinyl collector but I do have this one:

It’s marbled blue and pretty in person but doesn’t show up well in photos. There were also hot pink and clear versions I think.

I wanted to get this recent release but oh god the remix is truly a menace to the ears lmao. (Not that I have a vinyl player but anyway)

Also, that sensoria vinyl looks sick!

Edit: just found out they have a japan-exclusive red vinyl version of their new best of album, complete with obi :eyes:

3 Likes

Just bought Covert Coup limited edition. I bought it for about $85 including shipping. So glad I set an alarm because I had to log in to the website (reset my password too!), then navigate to the page, and the release dropped 30 seconds early.

It was gone in 99 seconds. For those who are wondering, these are the prices on eBay already. And it hasn’t even been shipped out yet…

Vinyls appreciate in value super quick.

Scalpers be ravenous. I wouldn’t say the value has appreciated exactly, rather that the prices are set at amounts these scalpers wish to get. The sold prices over time will paint a more accurate picture.

Also, I think it’s quite common to see this practice for rap/hip hop albums and pop media soundtracks. This might be especially so for ALC since I don’t think he ever reissues anything. Still wishing he reissued Israeli Salad.

I’m a sucker for Obi!

1 Like

There’s a Swiss label called Elusive Sound that make absolutely stunning records. From the vinyl colors to the packaging itself, they go all out. I got my copy of their latest release in the mail last night. It’s for the band Blak and their album El Tall d’Escil•la (for fans of Mono).

The jacket on this one is a tri-fold, but the 3rd panel folds out from the bottom so that you can prop it up. And the slipcase on this is unique too as there’s a separate pocket for a print that goes over the jacket.

6 Likes

The Alchemist / Curren$y vinyl finally made it in the mail today. Limited and hand numbered 1000 copies - as you can see I nabbed 331. It also comes with an obi! I bought this for $80 and it just got here today…

Yeeaaaaah

1 Like

A few more things I grabbed a while ago.

I have almost all of Jinjer’s releases that matter on Glow in the Dark Vinyl. The only one I’m missing is King of Everything:

Petit Brabancon vinyl:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor vinyl:

5 Likes

It’s been a while but I got some new wax.

4 Likes

The newest addition to the family and just released today! One of 1038!

2 Likes

MM that’s a nice swirl

1 Like

It looks so caramel!

1 Like

I was lucky enough to acquire one of these early. The cover looks faded on purpose. This is a 2022 repress limited to 500 copies (not numbered) and it’s called the Jawbreaker Swirl finish.

3 Likes

This is a parody of the infamous Floral Shoppe album. It’s a weird altered version called “Flower Shop” 100 copies on random color, but there were 30 copies on a sunburst color randomly distributed. Guess I was lucky! Although, if I’m being honest it’s more like experimental noise and I’d much rather listen to the original album.

6 Likes

I think this is hilarious and I’m not at all trying to convince a friend to buy this. Why do you ask?

Also wanted to follow up on this and say that this has been acquired in a glow in the dark finish.

Lol I saw that on reddit. I swear, they’ll put anything in a record. As in INSIDE a record.

1 Like

@zeus And congrats on the GITD! They sound much noisier but are hella cool to look at. What color is the glow? I’ve got a few and I think red shows up pretty vibrantly.

I tried to get a pic this morning but it was too dark. I’ll try again later.

1 Like

Didn’t expect this one to show up so soon! S.C.I.E.N.C.E by Incubus but on transparent blue vinyl - Europe exclusive variant and only one of 2000! What’s also cool was that this was pressed by a group called Music on Vinyl, and from what I’ve read they have a really good track record of great presses! Can’t wait to throw this one on.

2 Likes

The vinyl sure looks great but the album cover is hideous

3 Likes