Artists you wish would get back together

Taking inspiration from this thread, I am curious what bands and/or artists you wish would get back together or become active again!

For me, personally I wish girugamesh and Rentrer en Soi would become active again.

I think girugamesh won’t ever get back together seeing as members are active doing other things. They technically went on a break and came back together not too many years ago (and honestly came back full-force. And it was great!)

However, a band like RES could very well get back together some day! As far as i’m aware, some members are still part of the sukekiyo project but I don’t think that’s a full-time thing. And Satsuki is still active as a solo artist so there are some members who are still “active” but not in the sense of the band getting back together - but one can dream!

What bands and/or artists would you like to see revive? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

DespairsRay

That’s all i got to say :relieved:

13 Likes

Nice thread, wonder who inspired you :eyes:

There are way too many but here’s a few:

Shounenki - A group that still had a lot to give in my opinion, although in terms of genre they were all over the place they always had a somewhat unique feel to them.

Called≠Plan - Yuuto is one of my favourite vocalists and the music the group play complimented him perfectly, one of the few groups that I liked every song they wrote.

Auncia - Poor souls, they really tried to make it work quite a few times but could never stay together.

3 Likes

llll-Ligro-
Noulla
-OZ-

7 Likes

Malice Mizer.

Either with Gackt or Klaha, I don’t care. Just get Mana, Yu~ki, and Közi together with one of those two beautiful men (or both) and make another album, damnit. Post-Bara no Seidou era was so promising!

10 Likes

Janne Da Arc and PIERROT

5 Likes

Madeth gray’ll

I know there’s a few Madeth homage bands, but no one can beat the original, especially Hisui’s deranged vocals.

Also it would be cool for Laputa or Rouage to reform. Also agree with Malice Mizer. They already revive one day for the Deep Sanctuary event, so the will is there. Their anniversary live with Kamijo was great, maybe they should really hire him.

6 Likes

Way too many so Ill just name a few of them: Nazare, Doku, llll-Ligro-, D.I.D, CodeRebirth, Dead Children, Insanity Injection, Noulla, By:ARLANT, Kuroyuri to kage, meth., Lustknot, Malisend, Miseria, Xodiack, Dio -distraught overlord-, Cardia, Killaneth, Dimlim, Malice Invitation, Himawari, Butterfly Syndrome, Zetu, Disgust, Gregory, Xell, Ribelio, Astaroth, De/Clio, Sarigia, SIN., Lucifer, 「xxx」is D£AD, Divein, Veriel, Verxina, Dobe, Sick., Meraloa, Fixer, Re:dis, Alpha Omega, Durandal, Signal, Meary, Vrzel, Dictave, Envyl, Glim Gardo, Merry Badend, Gokiburi, Crucifixion, Grand Guignol, Mejibray, Canival, and diabolica

7 Likes

UnsraW, Lustknot, girugamesh and D’espairsRay

Are bands I wish were still around.

5 Likes

the OG of x japan. I mean hear me out, hologram up Hyde and make X japan live again!
also hologram up Kami for some Malice Mizer <3

1 Like

+1 on Shounenki. I liked their sound and tbh Amai Bouryoku doesn’t do it for me.

Also would be nice to have Moran and Clowd back.

janne da arc, deluhi, and avelcain

5 Likes

Lamiel. The only band from that era that I still frequently listen to.

4 Likes

I would wish for D.I.D./Para:noir, Ando, Screw, Aiolin, Lolita23q, Saruin and Deluhi.
In the end it got more, than I thought at first. XD

5 Likes

For me either Nega or The Black Swan. Nazare or Dadaroma would be nice too

4 Likes

i thought they are still active :joy:
(i suppose you want the old dimlim back)

1 Like

Realistically speaking, I’ve been disappointed so many times in bands reuniting after a long time and producing either garbage or material that just sounds like a bland shadow of their former selves coated in whatever flavor-of-the-day sound is currently ‘hip’ that it’s making me cringe to even imagine the results, lmao… so I’m gonna rephrase/reinterpret this a bit.

Here’s a list of bands I would have loved to see continue being active (without long years of doing other stuff or being away from the scene), without pausing/disbanding:

• Miss Jelly Fish
  • KYOKUTOU GIRL FRIEND
  • RENTRER EN SOI
  • Dear Bitch
  • MALICE MIZER
3 Likes

Girugamesh, D’espairsray, 9goats black out and Light Bringer. Would love to see more songs from any of those bands.
And i guess they count as “active”, but i would love that 6th X Japan album

6 Likes

Femme Fatale was the tirst thing that came to my mind when I read the topic title.

Edit: Also, Lilith.

2 Likes

An Cafe, SuG, 9GOATS BLACK OUT and -OZ-.

2 Likes