Band members who retired and got "normal" jobs

wasn’t juka (ex. moi dix mois, etc) a car salesman at one point or still? not sure it was mentioned. he started fishing a lot. that’s all i really know lol. i remember reading music wasn’t lucrative enough for him. anyway this is alleged, so if someone can confirm.
pretty sure ayano and yukine (ex vidoll) have normal jobs now but idk what
iori (ex phantasmagoria) is either a photographer or designer now idk which

2 Likes

Looks like MOTOKI, roadie and support for LAREINE, and later in D’AIR and Visui is now a health professional for basketball players, band members and pregnant women?
https://twitter.com/Visui

not my tanbi-kei legend :sob:

7 Likes

Juka is a HUGE car fan, idk if he actually was a salesman tho. Last time i checked on his insta, he was actually reminiscing about his time as a vocalist. Maybe he will pick it up again someday, who knows.

2 Likes

you know i always wondered what happened to Manabu from SCREW, he retired right? did a couple of sessions? anyone heard anything?

Now retired Lay (Le:chéri → Fatima → obscure; also guest in Hitomi’s ウミユリ) apparently runs a burger restaurant called STARDUST in Tokyo.

Seems to be this one:

https://twitter.com/stardustcojp

7 Likes

About Klaha, there’s an interview out there on the internet where he claims he would become a professor in the U.S where he enjoys the idea of no fans being able to find him

5 Likes

I remember on some mm site like scape where they said he was a teacher in Virginia.

Dunno if it’s true but klaha senpai :kissing_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

VIRGINIA :sob: :sob: :sob:
Imagine just walking into class and suddenly 50-year-old singer Masaki HARUNA “Klaha” is your professor
I’d die

6 Likes

This is what you found and it’s utter nonsense.

2 Likes

Kanon (ex-Monstllow) is now a real estate agent

13 Likes

oh my god :open_mouth:

omg like totally OT but this was the week I learned Bobby Trendy works as one too

he even had a vaguely hide-esque drag phase in 1990s

Summary

https://youtu.be/Unx_opH567A?t=55

I̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶v̶k̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶k̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶

1 Like

I feel like we can add Satsuki (ex. Rentrer en soi) on this list.
His Instagram bio says

Vocalist, entrepreneur (business coaching, video business, nail and eyelash extension salon management)
I continue to trade :chart_with_upwards_trend::sparkles:

With only 3200 followers on IG and 6000 followers on Twitter (wtf??), his last release being an “unfinished” single and a best of album in 2020, it’s probably safe to assume, that he won’t release anything in the foreseeable future (besides probably a RES 50th anniversary one day revival).

In case you need some advice on money in Japanese, there you go:

9 Likes

he references his VK looks throughout that entire channel and like how many of his uploads are ~positive affirmation~ new age mental sewage? oh my god

how mighty have fallen, first those absolutely vile unironic raps, now stonks and this

I hope his eyelash extension biz does well tho!!! can’t wait for his vlog on magick water charged with crystal energies

6 Likes

This might be a deep one but does anyone know what Maru who was the vocalist of BIS, is doing today? I think ive asked it before but no one knew then. I tried to search myself but no luck.

I feel that is what he wanted, as just apparently wanted to disappear from the focus…so nobody being able to “find him out” was probably his goal… unless he appears next year for something related to the 15th annyversary of Shunsukes passing or in 2028 for the 20th anny of the disbandement, we hardly will get anything from him.

You can always try to contact the guitar player on twitter, it seems the only one active on social media :joy:

Last I heard years ago, he got some kind of business job, got married, and had at least one kid. Nothing else about him musically, unfortunately. Hope the dude’s doing well though, as I really enjoyed his deeper/lower voice and the tone of it.

1 Like

I wonder what Kei from DiO has been up to ever since the disbandment. Doe anyone know anything?

Fuki was running a bar in Nichome some years ago. I met him accidentally about 8 years ago and didn’t even know who he was, we talked about soccer. On the way to the station a regular I befriended and left with filled me in lol
He is apparently of the community.

1 Like

I’d like to add Juka/Shaura. He’s one of my fav vkei vocalists and he retired from Moi dix mois, Hizaki grace project, xover, and VIII-Sense. He’s now living the cozy life as a fisherman and seems very happy with his life. He’s on Instagram for anyone wanting to keep up with him.

IMG_6531

Him now as a fisherman

6 Likes