Band Recommendations

I thought I’d make a thread for people to ask for recommendations for particular bands. I’ll start. I’m looking for bands like Galneryus, and Concerto Moon.

3 Likes

Just to clarify, Japanese recommendations only?

The obvious ones: Jupiter, Matenrou Opera, Moi dix mois, Versailles, X JAPAN

Besides that, you might like

Onmyouza:

LOUDNESS:

Church of Misery:

GYZE:

44MAGNUM:

DragonForce (Not Japanese):

2 Likes

Projects of other Galneryus members might be worth checking out

Yuhkinen (keyboardist YUHKI)

Alhambra (also YUHKI)

Gunbridge (Yama)

VALKYR (guitarist Syu)

Syu also has two solo albums that are both really good

2 Likes

Yeah. I should have clarified that since I know pretty much all the non Japanese ones.

IRON ATTACK! I dunno how they compare to the current GALNERYUS, but I feel like IRON-CHINO really understands the nerdy yet earnest 80s metal dad energy YAMA-B brought to the band, and that was the main thing that I liked about GALNERYUS, tbh. Plus you get a wide selection of different vocalists to break things up a bit, and I think they’ve all got their charms.

1 Like

Aikaryu and Jikuu Kaizoku Seven Seas.

2 Likes

Any female fronted bands? Can be anything jpop to vkei. Surprise me.

@HeroOfLove I can recommend you these bands: Aldious, Lovebites, Band-Maid, Nemophila, Bridear

2 Likes
2 Likes

Nothing in particular but I’m getting tired of my library, anything similar to any of these artists:

Neil
La cryma christi
Auncia
Baroque
Chanty
Janne Da Arc
Laputa
Xenon

Or if you just think there’s a really good artist I should check out anyway then let me know.

1 Like

I like Aurora and Gechena and also Siva and related projects if you don’t mind disbanded.

1 Like

Pierrot, Diaura, megamasso

Can I spontaneously give recommendations? :thinking:

Hi all! I’m currently spinning the delightful Issei trio (D.I.D, Dimlim, Nazare) and wondered if there are any other VK bands with this mega heavy style. I don’t really count bands like Deviloof, Dexcore or Nocturnal Bloodlust as they just sound like US metalcore/deathcore to me.

Please and thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

i am accounting you know the classics stuff like Dir en Grey already.

there is ninth in pluto coming to my mind but thats about it

I am accounting that any non-VK band i would recommend here will fall under your category of “too western”, even stuff like Paledusk.

1 Like

hmmm maybe 鴉-カラス-

MEME has been my favourite

https://youtu.be/jA7pOivmvAY

I hope not.

Here are a few off the top of my head hopefully you find a couple you like, I tried to include a variety as there aren’t too many super heavy bands that also manage to not sound western so some might sound either not heavy enough or too western:

2 Likes