Random thoughts thread

Hello and welcome. It’s always great to see new faces around. How did you find out about us? What attracts you to visual kei specifically? It’s a bummer you can’t chat about with your friends, but that’s unfortunately the reality of niche scenes.

If you’re looking for recommendations, you can write what kind of sound/genre you’re interested in in this topic: Band Recommendations
Or you can have a look around the news category to find new bands. We also have a couple best of the year topics if you want new music (JRO's Community Best of 2021 🎄, JRO’s Community Best of 2022 🎆, JRO's Community Best of 2023 🎉), or you can check out user-created playlists (Share Your Playlists!) for a range of bands and styles. Otherwise, take some time to explore the forum, or even participate in the next trade-off when it happens. It’s a great way to find new music.

Don’t despair at the drop in popularity – we have a thriving community here, and live performances of vk acts overseas have seemed to pick up this year in particular! It can be difficult to get into, but trust me, it’s so rewarding to spend time exploring new music, finding and translating lyrics, discussing new releases, and appreciating the incredible outfits of past and present! It doesn’t have to be a popular scene for you to have fun and find community. Of course, while I understand how unfeasible it is, if you ever have the opportunity to visit Japan, find the time to go to a live, it’s always an amazing experience.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here!

5 Likes