Band Recommendations

i really like kaneto juusei does anyone have any bands like them

Kane to juusei’s vibes remind me of Kagerou’s early stuff (between 2000-2004-ish) a bit, imo worth to check them out if you haven’t!

1 Like

What’s something like Jaki’s (ex.La’veil MizeriA) solo? Definitely nothing like La’veil, you can really tell the difference since he left and now Makoto is leaving.

Forever I have been searching for a band with a relatively western sound but with (mostly) japanese lyrics.

Girugamesh was always pretty close to what I imagine in my head and recently I managed to dig up a band called Azami on Spotify. Both those finds have downsides since Girugamesh are broken up and Azami only has a handful of releases since 2016. Ideally I would find a band like Coldrain with japanese lyrics.

So I guess in short I’m searching for bands with a western rock/metalcore sound with japanese lyrics that are somewhat established with a couple releases under their belt.

1 Like

Yooo, Azami are cool.

If you prefer japanese language, maybe a crowd of rebellion could be something for you

Or Alphoenix

Anti-Hero Superstar sing in japanese too

And A Ghost Of Flare are mainly japanese lyrics too

or SEEK US NEED

I hope i am able to catch your taste somewhere

Recommend me stuff like D’espairsRay’s Coll:set.

1 Like

Perhaps Fear Factory’s ‘Demanufacture’ album might be something you’d enjoy

1 Like

@xxxx meant to reply that to you lol

1 Like

Anyone know any Buddhism themed metal bands? Something along the lines of ARCHEMI or Wuxiang. Doesn’t have to be that heavy, but something in the metal realm.

Kote bands with vocalists who are actually good?

La’cryma Christi. Their first mini album and 1st full album are especially top tier vk

2 Likes

Already love them!

1 Like

does anyone have any recommendations for a golden bomber superfan like me? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Inspired by zeus’ recent post in the Hot Takes topic, any recommendations for Japanese bands that are not VK, but have some good aesthetics going on? I’ve already checked (or known) the bands zeus mentioned (Yousei Teikoku, Onmyo-Za, 8-eit, el -Ethnic Legist-, Tokyo Jihen, Wagakki-Band, Imperial Circus Dead Decadence, QUEEN BEE, Ancient Myth, Unlucky Morpheus), some good stuff there.

I am thinking really hard, but i think my music taste shoots past the fancy visuals

The bands i listen to nowadays all look like Stone age men swinging their clubs :relieved:
:joy::joy:

Do you mean bands that only pretend to play their instruments? :neutral_face:

I am sorry that was mean of me. I have no memory of what golden bomber their music sounds like anymore, was it more pop-rock? If yes try some osare bands, they went that pop-rock corner usually

Yeah they’re like pop rock now but I also like parody bands!

1 Like

I think you might like Ensoku! They have sort of a fun energetic style and pack lots of humor too.

3 Likes

I didn’t see a thread about new Vkei fans, so I’d like to start one. Any bands you think newer fans should know drop them below! :green_heart:

1 Like

I’ll start with some basics

Gulu Gulu, Madeth Gray’ll , SHANZNA, dadaroma, BUCK-TICK.

1 Like

Can’t forget malice mizer, lareine, the gazette, lar’c en ciel, Dazzlingbad and penicillin :grin:

1 Like