cali≠gari set to release "16" Summer 2023

Had a brief moment of panic thinking space cover was the standard edition - excited to add that one to the collection! Loving Paper Airplane-chan

1 Like

There is a second Seppuku track now, bringing the total tracks to 12???

1 Like

I’m going to laugh when it’s an SE or twenty seconds long or something like that.

1 Like

This was my first thought too, but it doesn’t follow the naming scheme of their other SEs so I’m intrigued

With a title like that I have no idea what to expect. Spoken word?

Knowing them, I’m like 99% sure that the new track 1 will just be a short intro.

Love the red version

Covers for privileges cds are reveal (but 廃線された未来駅):

4 Likes

a kabuki actor is going to be part of the seppuku tracks, somehow

2 Likes

And here’s a great performance of 娑婆乱打.

2 Likes

Those shoes. When he bent over I was worried he was going to blind himself

2 Likes

16 will indeed be on streaming platforms.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/caligari_offici/status/1671080662995193856 with a PV dropping on YouTube at the same time! It’s Garist Christmas

Edit:

4 Likes

Good to see they’re putting the album up on some streaming sites this time around too.

I enjoyed the PV, the video and song carries a nostalgic feeling somehow.

I enjoyed reading this interview.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I like the album and definitely feel like it was worth the wait! It’s funny how this feels like a pretty low-key release in the west, but I’m sure there’s been a lot more hype and promotion in Japan. Once again, we western garists are the most oppressed people.

To me the album definitely has a strong theme and identity–space. Everything has a slick reverb to it that makes you feel like you’re touring the cosmos, or at least in a very spacious… space. Apart from the Soft Ballet homage, the new wave throwbacks are right at home with this theme. Oh and Night on the Galactic Railroad? Even better in context as the closer to this journey.

16 will be in heavy rotation for me this summer and beyond.

4 Likes

Ajisai no gogo is a pure gem, sounds like Tsumetai Ame trilogy have an epilogue.
I prefer casual songs from them and ballads are always the ones that catch me at first listen.
I liked some other songs here and there, need more play but better than 15 overall.

2 Likes

You might be onto something there!

A bit late to the party but ordered my copy this morning—You guys are making me excited!