cali≠gari

Ao posted these setlist(s?) from their 30th anniversary show.

https://twitter.com/ao_sakurai/status/1701430813102096518?s=20

1 Like

Hmm it would be cool if they recorded & released these sets - bundle it in a 4-disc set like they typically do & include a live that’s more focused on 16. I’d snatch that up real quick.

…and of course there’s someone in the comments asking for the same thing, but specifically for it to be a FC-exclusive release. Western Garists shall never know peace.

The 1st photo’s setlist is what they actually performed; the 2nd photo is a ‘1st draft’. The arrangement of the setlist is 1 song from every album/EP in their chronological release dates aka their earliest album to their latest album, with the encore portion focusing on FC songs.

The entire gig was broadcasted live for FC members via their website, available till 12th Sep 6am so yeah, its no longer available. If it makes those who missed it feel better, it was in a dismal 720p resolution with a fixed camera hahaha

1 Like

After the tour final for 16 yesterday, a whole slew of concerts were announced, including the release of an live limited EP「冬の日」that will be sold at 20th Jan 2024’s gig:

3 Likes

beginning to contemplate the most effective way to declare war on the native Garists

1 Like

Let’s all go to a cali gari show and sit on each other’s shoulders.

2 Likes

Probably cheaper than those CDs!

Now, now, they usually go for 20k a piece so you are actually getting a 200 yen discount!!!

2 Likes

cali gari just announced the release of “Live Archives” blu-ray/ DVD series, the 1st 2 being the 30th anniversary gig 「密室」and 「16」tour final, which can be purchased in the upcoming 20th Jan gig.

If you were to buy both, you will receive a DVD that includes:

• 2023.6.28に新宿ロフト男限定GIG『切腹!切腹!また切腹!』(all 12 songs)
  • 13 songs from every gig in TOUR16 (shot on iPhone)

Special mention was made that there will be a paper slip included in these 2 releases and every future release under “Live Archives” banner. There will be a special Blu-ray/DVD gift given if all slips are submitted.

Source:

Here’s the setlist for:

cali≠gari TOUR16
-切腹!切腹!また切腹!-
※男限定GIG
新宿ロフト
2023年6月28日(水)

Setlist

1. 切腹 -life is beautiful-
  2. 切腹 -life is beautiful-
  3. 脱兎さん
  4. バンバンバン
  5. 赤色矮星
  6. 禁断の高鳴り
  7. ミッドナイト!ミッドナイト!ミッドナイト!
  8. グッド・バイ
  9. せんちめんたる
  10. マネキン
  11. クソバカゴミゲロ
  12. 切腹 -life is beautiful-

Not a typo for the 1st, 2nd and 12th song; they played 切腹 -life is beautiful- multiple times…

2 Likes

I will consult with the Garist cartographers in an attempt to locate these

1 Like

Oh I think they live-streamed that set, or at least one with a very similar set list. Was that a men only show?

They live streamed both the 30th anniversary gig 「密室」and the men only show for their fanclub members. Both were on a fixed camera that shows the entire stage; I reckon the men only show on the gift DVD would be the same while a fully priced blu-ray of 「密室」 is not.

Ao previously held polls on his twitter to gauge interest in blu-ray releases and most voted blu-ray over DVD. He then went to check the costs and was shocked that blu-ray production costs is 6 times higher than DVD:

https://twitter.com/ao_sakurai/status/1734591796846776760

Releasing 2 blu-rays at the same time must have financially drained him.

3 Likes

Hahaha, that’s hilarious. Can you imagine being in that audience? “Wtf. Again? Okay!”

Newly re-recorded “Fuyu no hi” single will be available at the band’s live on 2024/01/20.

Tracklist:

1. 冬の日
  2. 冬の日 -うたごえ喫茶篇-

HERE you can sample some of the track along with the cover art. Quite pleasant~ :snowflake:

2 Likes

another sakurai special super live limited single, another

4 Likes

Twitter preview sounded rough. It’s a nice tune but something it’s off imo

As per his twitter Yuuichiro (ex. boogieman, ex. metronome) has recorded the drums for the song

2 Likes

Weird compression maybe?

I’m pretty sure there will be a regular ban of that single

Probably I guess? Vocals sounded too canned/tuned