cali≠gari

He just left the band during the mini album’s recording and the other members couldn’t reach him so they had to quickly recruit a new vocalist. It seems like by that time he had arguments and clashes with most of the other members, especially Ao. He also seems prone to angry outbursts so I guess he’s not the most stable soul to work with…

(info taken from Aaron’s wonderful new website dedicated to Shuuji-1/other obscure acts)

2 Likes

A little machina-china-china, as a treat.

1 Like

The original 10 is one of my favourite albums of all time. The re-make is decent too, but just doesn’t hit the same.

Always love this tune~ :sunglasses:

3 Likes

One of 13’s best!

2 Likes

Wait a second. Is the Yukarie that plays sax for cali gari the same Yukarie from Jagatara? I think she is!

Seems to be her! Blew my mind too, haha.

Random: the band keeps steadily upping more live videos on their YT channel, love to see it! Especially when it’s this song, which one of my underrated favorites. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

They also posted a pretty good Natsu No Hi the other day too! A certified Gary classic.

I’ve been listening to a lot of 10 Rebuild lately and figured I’d try to understand the differences between both versions. Everything other than maybe the guitars seem to be rerecorded? maybe? I think the electronics and fewer weird effects on the vocals elevate the Rebuild above the original - this may be my spiciest take on the band, but I have such a hard time getting into the original 10. I think the Rebuild is lovely though, and the songs themselves have been growing on me so hard.

2 Likes

It’s always cool to find renewed appreciation for a release with these re-recorded or re-mixed versions. For instance, that sunflower mini (憧憬、睡蓮と向日葵) is one of my least favorite c-g releases, but there’s a slightly different alternate version (limited? fanclub ver.? I don’t know anymore) that remixes some stuff and rearranges a few sounds here and there and it just makes the whole thing better for me.

1 Like

Top 10 iconic performances of all time now finally available on YT:

6 Likes

little known fact: the hospital that treats a disease called “addiction” from Izon is a reference to Shuuji and his lyric monitor

3 Likes

Woh, it’s the guy from the cover of Dai 7!

1 Like

Great to see him still getting work even decades later! :face_holding_back_tears:

utterly insane how many Blue Films they fit on the 20th Anniversary Blue Film reissue - and that’s not even counting BLUE FILM -REVIVAL-!

https://twitter.com/caligari_offici/status/1668556939230580736

Shuuji has pneumonia caused by COVID :slightly_frowning_face: get well soon goatman!!

western garists have been too oppressed for too long

Wait there’s a physical release of ABC for busy people?

It’s been popping up here and there for a bit, so I think they’re selling it at lives

Who’s ready to hate Kyoto?

https://twitter.com/caligari_offici/status/1687639438418145280

1 Like

Kind of crazy they’re putting a live distribution single on streaming. Maybe they’ll have mercy on us and put those ¥20k+ singles on streaming in a year or two

1 Like