'Cause its all about that Bass!

The drummer thread inspired me to make this thread. Who are your favorite bassists? Mine are in no particular order, KISAKI, Toshiya, REITA, Kai (DEXCORE), Tetsuya, ZERO (NICOLAS), ZERO (DESPAIRSRAY), Yuri (VIRGE), Iori (Misanthrope), Miria (La’Veil MizeriA).

sorry, the topic existed already
i can change the name if thats easier.

also kisaki??? i never considered kisaki as such a great bassist
but i guess its a choice

That’s fine. Yeah well it’s not always about skill of the instrument, the man has always made excellent songs.

I think i never really thought about who wrote Phantasmagorias songs XDD

Phantasmagoria, MIRAGE, Syndrome, Lin, all of his vanity projects etc.

I didn’t listen to the other bands, only Mago

But does composing songs have really something to with him being a good bassist? Or is it more he was you favorite composer :wink:

This song has such a sexy bassline, I always think of it when people talk about bass

5 Likes

Well I love Reita as a bassist and he’s awful, but has a lot of passion.

I’m surprised Mr. T’s mangum opus hasn’t made an appearance in this thread yet.

5 Likes

I forgot J. J & SHINYA 真矢~bass guitar solo~LUNA SEA World Tour Reboot 2010 - YouTube

and Hitoki

1 Like

Not only is this bassline downright infectious, I love the bass’s prominent role in this song.

4 Likes

YUCHI is one beast of a bassist, virtuoso on the bass guitar as well as on the upright, technically brilliant and adding so much soul, passion and sonic umami to the band. I just love him and this is one of my favorite basslines of his.

8 Likes

I started playing bass about 10 years ago because of the role it had in a lot of visual kei, more melodic/catchy/complicated.

There’s too many I could share but this song’s bassline has stuck with me ever since I heard it.

4 Likes

Hear hear! I was often impressed by the various melodic basslines when I started listening to VK, but once I discovered Sukekiyo it hit a whole new level.

3 Likes

So one of my all time favorite basslines doesn’t come from VK, but from J-Pop. Kyuujitsu Kachou is a formidable bass player and a master of his craft, which he shows in this song:

5 Likes

The band Elephant Gym from Taiwan is very bass centric

5 Likes

Love them! And judging from their 2022 album Dreams, they seem to be going in an interesting direction!

2 Likes
4 Likes

+1!!! oh my god the bass in that song is so good !!! an absolute favourite of mine :,) my vkei account on twitter is even named after it

1 Like