deadman new live-dist. song "rabid dog" and new re-rec. album "dead reminiscence" release

deadman has just announced that they will hold their short oneman tour “Rabid dog walking a tightrope” in the spring of 2023 at various CLUB QUATTRO locations. The dates and venues are as follows:

• 2023/03/20 - Shibuya CLUB QUATTRO
  • 2022/03/26 - Nagoya CLUB QUATTRO
  • 2022/04/16 - Umeda CLUB QUATTRO

The exciting part is that they will be distributing a new song for free on this tour!

Also from March 20 onwards, they will be selling releases that contain re-recorded old tracks with their current support members kazu and Asanao. These releases will be mail-order / live-limited only. Titles and number of tracks on each CD will be revealed later.

12 Likes

Were they holding out on us with in the direction of sunrise and night light re-recordings?

At this point I’m more interested in new tracks though!

5 Likes

ohhhhhh I can’t wait to never get to hear any of this

5 Likes

Oh btw, in some cool deadman/aie related news: the members will take part in a session at a gig of aie’s other band gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy on 2022/12/09 at Shinjuku LOFT. Check out these whopping session lineups for the night:

COPY BAND M
vocals: Mako (deadman)
guitar: aie (deadman, gibkiy×3, tgads, etc.)
guitar: Miya (MUCC)
bass: kazu (tgads, deadman support, ex-Kagerou)
drums: Asanao (lynch., deadman support)

COPY BAND D
vocals: kazuma (gibkiy×3, ex-Merry Go Round)
guitar: Yuu (MERRY)
bass: Hitoki (ex-Kuroyume, Creature Creature)
drums: sakura (gibkiy×3, ex-Laruku)

Gonna be interesting to peep the setlists for what songs they’ll cover from who. :eyes:

10 Likes

So what’s everyone’s wishlist for rerecordings? Assuming they did something similar to the last batch, mine would be something like:

“I’M STILL HERE” by the deadboiz

Maze Room
Moniz
Amefuri no Warui Yume
Blue Berry
kunou no naka no taegatai sonnzai
rem.
lunch box
Circus
dim quiet
Family

Then throw in “when the saints go marching in” just because it’s my favorite song they’ve done, even though an update seems unnecessary. The Night Light songs have less need for rerecordings IMO but I’d gladly take them.

3 Likes

Shikibetsu no nai kuukyo. I really can’t stand that awful vox filter on the chorus when everything else is so freakin perfect because, well, they are.

and the whole In The Direction Of Sunrise And Night Light album just for my own private pleasure :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

3 new song??? Oh gosh,i’m already anxious for Mercari checking :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m excited for this release

Whoops sorry, my initial post might have been confusing (I corrected it now). They didn’t specify whether it will be 3 different songs or just 1 song distributed at all the lives… at least I couldn’t decipher it from the Japanese text (my guess is 1 song in total, but we will see).

1 Like

Awesome. deadman coming back is one of the best things to happen in the last 5 years for me. Hope the new songs are as good as the new song they brought out this year (Their track record tells me it will be)

3 Likes

I hope copy band d gives us old school merrygo

Both these lineups are so goated I’m so sad I cant be there

1 Like

The band began their short fanclub-only tour today at 渋谷PLEASURE PLEASURE, the theme is “rarely played songs”. Pretty bangin’ setlist:

01.Mirrors
02.Radical garden
03.please god
04.blood
05.faith head
06.dim quiet
07.grand ground
08.circus
09.maze room
10.follow the night light
11.ブルーベジー
12.銀のパラソル
13.色別のない空虚
14.lunch box [new arrangement]
15.moniz
16.through the looking glass

EN
01.[new song]
02.quo vadis
03.re:make

17 Likes

““rarely played songs””? Where’s degrees centigrade???

3 Likes

They rarely play the original deadman arrangement, although Kein performed their version of ブルーベジー last month.

1 Like

degreeds centigrade is one of my absolute favs need to hear it. Also I love deadman’s tour names, “Rabid dog walking a tightrope” is an amazing title.

5 Likes

that setlist looks amazing, hopefully I can see them next time I’m in Japan

(forever annoyed at the ジ in ブルーベジー lmao)

1 Like

The title of the song that will be freely distributed at the band’s upcoming gigs on 03/20, 03/26 and 04/16 is finalized as “rapid dog” (I thought it was a typo’d “rabid dog” but they write it multiple times as “rapid” so I guess it must be correct? lol).

In addition, the band will release their ‘new’ album titled “dead reminiscence”, containing 6 re-recorded and rearranged tracks and their karaoke versions, featuring current support members Kazu (bass) and Asanao (drums). Live-limited pre-sale will start on 2023/03/20, and they are also accepting pre-orders via the MAVERICK STORE from today. Important to note: this release will remain live/mail-order only, no streaming version is planned!

Tracklist:

1. lunch box:2.0
  2. in media:2.0
  3. 銀のパラソル:2.0
  4. family:2.0
  5. through the looking glass:2.0
  6. 聖者の行進:2.0
  7. lunch box:2.0 (ORIGINAL KARAOKE)
  8. in media:2.0 (ORIGINAL KARAOKE)
  9. 銀のパラソル:2.0 (ORIGINAL KARAOKE)
  10. family:2.0 (ORIGINAL KARAOKE)
  11. through the looking glass:2.0 (ORIGINAL KARAOKE)
  12. 聖者の行進:2.0 (ORIGINAL KARAOKE)
7 Likes

When I read “new album” I immediately thought about actual new album… Meh

3 Likes

I know right… :smiling_face_with_tear:

Whoops, forgot to link the teaser:

5 Likes

they got that dog in them

1 Like