DEVILOOF

Hmm i wonder
I know Sable Hills started last year in May a crowdfunding too, for a new album. The new album got just now this year in March announced.

But comparing an album production to a dvd production, i’d guess is different
A album needs to be written first.

Maybe they wanted to release their album first, so when they film for a dvd they will have the songs from that new album on it too.
How did deviloof finance their album actually?

Probably from the dvd money.

1 Like

You don’t need money to write an album, only to record and mix it which doesn’t take that long.

1 Like

You say that like thise processes cost next to nothing… haha.

What? Writing an album does cost nothing. Recording costs money though not as much as you seem to think as there are plenty of cheap rental studios where you can self record in Japan. Good mixing costs money. But writing an album? Costs nada. Also it’s obvious they didn’t keep their fundraising campaign promise which is shady af.

1 Like

@honeybear please re-read
I didn’t talk about only writing a album.
A album needs to get recorded, edited, mixed, mastered.
You need to pay for design of the CD/Booklet, for the print of it and the press of the CD.
All that is money they loose, before they get it back.
They didn’t had enough money to bring out a dvd, so they might didn’t had enough finance’s for an album either.

For now its speculations.

Edit: Anyone who has the album can you tell us who is listed for mix/mastering etc? Or did they do it all themselves?

2 Likes

There is no information about anything other than who composed and made lyrics.
But I’m suprised by fact Keisuke composed big part of latest album. Do I good remember that he has composed M.F.JAP? If so, then his skills impoved a lot.

I hope not :smiling_face_with_tear:

lol that is word for word EXACTLY what I said in the post you replied to though.

I said it doesn’t cost money to write, only to record and mix. So why respond saying actually it does cost money…to record and mix. Sounds like you’re the one who needs to reread what you responded to as well as what I was responding to so you can understand why I was only talking about WRITING it. Oof.

My bad, :raising_hand_woman: i am sorry, i really missread your post.

In the end i suppose we can all agree on what you said

On the other side, maybe they had their funds for the album long time before in already. And wanted to be sure to have funds for a dvd after releasing their new album, so they can record with the new songs.
Because lets face the truth, making the dvd and then afterwards releasing a new album would have been a bit of a shitmove.

So lets hope they will still come around the corner with their dvd.

1 Like

So which song is considered their best? Or like a top 3? Trying to get into them.

I think if you check out these songs you should get a good idea of their sound: 拷訊惨獄, Ruin, Dusky-Vision, syphilischancroidchlamydiaclervicitisprotozoaaids, Newspeak, and Disclosed Pandora’s Box.

4 Likes

Hearing Ishtar (Live Ver.) from their single 開花 made me a fan.

I recognise different eras in their discography so… I will recommend my favorite songs from each era.

1. Ishtar
  2. Escape
  3. Dusky Vision
  4. Newspeak
2 Likes

So the Deviloof gig in Chile is cancelled apparently.

Not surprised on my side

Me either.

It’s not that hard to make a DVD, just record a show or shows if you want to make it a tour compilation and send the files to the company or whoever produces the DVD unless it’s the band themselves and then press as many as you have ordered and there you go. The fact that it’s nearly May and there’s been no word of it since October means that they either forgot (not sure how you forget that since they had a campaign for both Japan and overseas) or they’re too lazy to do it. Whoever manages this band is a shit manager and needs fired, if they have no manager then that’d make a lot of sense as to how haphazard everything they’ve ever released has been.

Not time for a new single soon? I know the new album didn’t come out too long time about but still… too early?

I would prefer the Concert DVD/Blue-Ray ober a new single First…

2 Likes

There will be a Collab single in August together with Dexcore and Jiluka, other than that I’m not sure.