DEXCORE

So crazy to me that it’s Kagami’s band now since Naoki left. Not complaining but yeah still feels weird to me. I remember when Naoki was still recruiting members. Ah memories.

2 Likes

Not what I was expecting but man this song is so good.

5 Likes

That intro sounds like it could be DIMLIM haha. But yeah, quite unexpected, powerful chorus though

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yumeto is pretty cool, and the other stuff he’s come out with is good, but this is just so cringe. Anxiety disorder. - YouTube

Just finished the making of section from the 18 DVD, and a few notes; Yumeto has a bizarre idea what black metal is, MAKITO is a man of few words, Reizi is adorable, and I’ve got a newfound appreciation for Kai. The insight was interesting, and seeing them goofing around was cool, especially Kagami playing a Switch.

3 Likes

What is his idea of black metal?

EARTHWORM. and the black body paint for the video I assume.

Oh yeah I remember hearing one of them call Earthworm their take on black metal or something, I assumed they were meaning black as in it had a dark sound rather than the genre but it’s not like it was their first dark sounding song so I really don’t know.

2 Likes

If I’m right, Yumeto awnsered a question on the inspiration they got for the visuals for Earthworm and 20 during an insta live. He said the visuals were somewhat inspired by blackmetal, but ofc with their own touches aswell!

3 Likes

Lol, maybe it’s the fact they all wear black in the video :joy:
I’d say they got the black paint on their body more from Motionless in White than any black metal band :thinking:

Cool, does it have English subs?

1 Like

No, just Japanese subs.

PM me if you’re interested in watching it.

Definitely, Kagami is a huge fan of MIW.

1 Like

My bets are up that they will drop the make up at one point

4 Likes

That is the only thing holding them back from superstardom and a major label.

1 Like

Thats sarcasm or not? i am not really sure :thinking:
I didnt mean that in a bad way, its more like, i see them hanging out with a lot of non-VK bands, so i just kinda wonder if that wont have earlier or later an influence on their visuals.

Have there ever been two japanese bands who co-headlined a tour in europe or the US?
Also dont get me wrong, but even when i just look at CL’s True North Festival, the bands that belonged to the head-line-up are all older than as band than Dexcore are or have bandmember with longer experience :thinking:
By the way i dont wanna hate on dexcore with that, i am just trying to be realistic.

I was being serious. They’re talented enough to be a major rock band in Japan. They don’t need to muddle in the duldrums of the visual kei scene and I feel all they’re missing is a look without the makeup and being signed to a major label. There is NOTHING holding them back from being on the level of MY FIRST STORY or insert popular J-rock band name except holding onto the aesthetic and like I said, they need a big label with the money to promote them, get them everywhere and eventually on television. You’d then see DEXCORE at the Tokyo Garden or even one of the Budokan’s on WOWOW.

1 Like

they’ll flop the same way damlam did the moment the makeup is off, so you kinda better learn to appreciate the glam And the music, rather than hope for the unrealistic and never happening shot at mainstream success with the straighties

12 Likes

The moment Dexcore drop the visuals they are just one out of many other Core bands.

Also, dexcore at least have a label, there are enough bands of the same genre who operate on their own. :person_shrugging:

6 Likes