DIMLIM new song Spring 2021

I’m looking forward to this comeback. They’re working hard on this so don’t worry, everyone! :crossed_fingers:t2:

How do you know how hard they are or aren’t working from Idaho? Confused.

3 Likes

It’s possible to work hard on something and for the end result to be a total mess.

Also see: DIMLIM.

4 Likes

Their new “look” confirms that they’re not turning back to what once was. I mean Sho would wear the most unique things, and for him to have non-blonde hair?? I’m shook.I will admit the concert sounded way better than the actual album (maybe bc they actually had time to perform it properly) bc Sho has incredible vocals! But it just made me more sad that he’s not using the talents we all fell in love with. And we all know the newest single is going to be MISC. part 2. You already knowwww! There is no denying with that 'look" And still I stick around bc I still have hope for them, they were literally the definition of visual kei in my opinion and one of the very best vk bands. And for that I will always still follow them regardless. It’s just… Unfortunate.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say the new look confirms anything. Lest we forget Kyo used to rock Adidas track suits at one point.

6 Likes

Should we expect some Satsuki’s type of switching genres?

Currently I’m just hoping for something cohesive (and Sho’s vocals to shine) lol. I don’t mind the dropping of visuals/style change that much.

Please stop with the trap/electronic special tracks/trailer music though. Especially since their current music isn’t even that lol.

What put me off was the whole “we’ve changed, now it’s your turn” thing. You think I’m going to change my music preference just because of a band? :joy:

I think they mean now it’s your turn aka stop being a sheep, since the lead single talks about people not having a good head on their shoulders and just blindly following trends etc

Yeah, but imo it was still rather condescending to people in the scene.

Current vk scene is definitely more heavy music inclined and they’re not wrong about vk chasing trends, but it was still unavoidable that they would get people expressing disappointment, especially with how hyped up they were. Perhaps the backlash they got was more than warranted, since this is vk lol, but I think it’s natural for this sort of thing to happen whenever a band changes its style.

It’s certainly not the first time someone wrote a song along these lines, but theirs just feels like an overeaction and an immature one at that, especially with everything else that happened.

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint them then, I don’t live in such a black and white world :joy: They will just have to deal.

2 Likes

I am not a fan of the band, nor do I care to listen to their music… but man, they are entertaining.

1 Like
2 Likes

So, they canceled single in favor of the album?

That’s it.

I love Dimlim but I have a bad felling about this.
like I am sure this will be pretty rushed.
also I think it would be a good idea to have some release to promote the album at least.

I have a feeling this 2021-2022 will be released april 2023

1 Like

Why not just… release the damned single? That way they can both promote the album and tide the fans over so they’re not crawling up the walls.

Also, they promised a single in their ‘live’ stream. Even though an album is (probably) good news, going back on their word will piss off a lot of people.

What is marketing? Retsu seems to have lost the plot.

4 Likes

This band just becomes more and more disorienting. No matter what they do now, even if it’s the smallest thing, I will feel some sort of confusion and slight frustration.

5 Likes

Yo Sho didn’t have a twitter acc until now?

Back at Issei’s era he had one but he only posted once