DIMLIM new song Spring 2021

So, according to this tweet (and crude Google Translate), they planned to show the single after their 5/8 performance, but oops.

Technical issues, the song is not ready, or someone forgot? Trying to come up with reasons for flubbing the landing and can’t.

lol…what. Just release the single. It’s way easier than just waiting even longer to release a whole damn album.

I hope sho will post some interesting stuff on his social media (so we can get an idea about how he feels in relation to band stuff), but he seems to personally dislike SNS which is fair.

1 Like

Who’s ready for more of the ESSENSCE

2 Likes

Damn I was really hoping for some ESSNENCE 2.0 this Spring. Hope we get some live footage IF there will be a concert in May.

1 Like

People said MISC was never going to come out too. They survived 2020 and at this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still around in 5 years time. Nothing can surprise me with this band now

2 Likes

I wish it wouldn’t.

6 Likes

i don’t follow them too closely & hadn’t seen that spot, & thought y’all were probably aware of stuff i wasn’t :upside_down_face:

i think their music sounds neat but it’s worth knowing when artists are disappointing

edit: also idk much about incel culture so it’s vvv possible i’m missing red flags that might be obvious to other people, hope i don’t come off as arguing w/ you esp when i know nothing about the topic at hand

No. No, we absolutely do not want this. Your handle is already pretty suspect…

What the fuck is the world even coming to?

1 Like

Pretty sure Nazi fashion in Visual Kei was already a thing in the 90s for shock value so I’m not sure why it would be a problem now. I’m having trouble figuring out why this conversation took place in the Dimlim thread though.

3 Likes

i’m sorry for asking a dumb question & causing trouble, please don’t argue w/ nekkichi for my sake, or anyone who points out bandmens’ use of slurs to aloof people like me

1 Like

Reminder that we’re not on twitter, so please keep the discussion on topic and avoid name-calling and throwing around buzzwords. This is about DIMLIM. There’s been a million discussions on nazi symbolism in VK, so please have a look at the following links| 2 rather than digging up that old nugget again. Keep it civil, folx. Thank you.

10 Likes

treat this as an opportunity to get an idea of the state of their net fanbase at the moment.

their legacy stans have been done with this mess shortly after they downsized to a threeman act.

Okay so I’m not a Retsu fan, quite the opposite but I do want to defend that promo they made where they used a homophobic slur. It…SHOULD be obvious to all viewers, but I guess not? That the words that were flashing during that promo were typical insults/bullying terms that people put up with. They weren’t directing these words to other people, they were listing slurs people get called when being teased. This in no way means Retsu uses this word to bully others. I really don’t see how that could get misinterpreted. Listing all the things you’ve been called while bullied is something a lot of artists do in songs.

Also I know why he got suspended, it’s a stupid reason I won’t post here, but it’s not because of what’s been written here or anything shocking.

4 Likes

No I can’t name FIVE but I know Placebo used a lot of slurs like that ironically in their song, starting with “Nancy Boy” yet they’re all gay/bi.

I also couldn’t say who but I remember a powerful music video of people holding signs of the shit they used to be called by their bullies. It’s pretty common imagery but let’s say it’s never been done before it’s still obvious that’s the context it’s being used. To be reclaimed, it’s not directed toward anyone in a malicious tone. You have to be really tone deaf not to get it. Please don’t make me defend Retsu anymore FFS lol.

4 Likes

Let’s stay on topic y’all.

If there is anything else that needed to be discussed that’s not related to any news update, feel free to do so in the DIMLIM topic, to keep everything more organized.

3 Likes