DIMLIM will disband

DIMLIM will disband after their last live at Shibuya WOMB on 2/25. Their upcoming full album has been changed to a best album, details coming soon.

https://dimlim.jp/news/851.html

https://twitter.com/official_dimlim/status/1469502210078027778

20 Likes

:frowning: who’s next

1 Like

single sexy tear running down my naked cheek

11 Likes

You’re shitting me.

1 Like

f*ck :frowning:

1 Like

Damn. I wanted to hear what they come up next.
But something tells me Sho and Retsu will end up making another band together, to me they seemed to be pretty invested into the hole e s s e n c e thing

4 Likes

I also was curious on the next album, especially after they played Chedoara songs live months ago. I didn’t expect new songs to be like that, not after all they went for. I was just being very curious.

It’s not surprising to me, I still partly wished it would have turned out differently (while another part just doesn’t care by now anymore).
As much as trying out new ways to stand out is important they went for very strange ones. And I’m not even talking about their music because I still liked Misc. even though it can’t be compared to Chedoara at all (not just in style but regarding how much I like one and love the other).
Aside from this they mentioned the pandemic in the announcement so I guess they blame it on this. They aren’t the first band doing so and not knowing about anything else about them of course I won’t judge them (or other bands) whether this is just an excuse or just things turning harder than they already are/were. But I weren’t surprised that their constant changes combined with the hardships the pandemic caused made it more or less inevitable.
There have been enough jokes about them disbanding before anyway.

They are pretty young still so there’re a lot of possibilities for each of them. If any will turn out better or get close to what DIMLIM started like is something we’ll see, I guess.

Personally I really hope for Sho to be back because there’s a lot of potential for his voice and it were sad seeing that go.

8 Likes

Maybe they disband to start anew without the baggage the name Dimlim has by now.
Or maybe everyone will end up going their own way, who knows, the future will tell.

15 Likes

I’m surprised they’ve managed to drag it out for so long, they seem to have been fumbling and generally suffering as a band ever since they discovered their so-called 𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮

Predicting the best album to be half (or more) of Misc. + 2-3 tracks of CHEDOARA + 1-2 tracks of the interim singles + 1 half-assed new song, to put the cherry on top of the disappointment they’ve become.

7 Likes

Misc was do do.

1 Like

To no one’s surprise.
Retsu is the ultimate fatalist. I’m surprised they even did the live video last winter with how the world seemed to basically be all but in favor of the essence.
As Rena said disbanding is just the ultimate band-aid in VK. They’ll probably form a modern djenty riff focused loud rock band and be associated with SLOTHREATH in some kind of form.

5 Likes

seriously: I don’t think I ever experienced in my time of active consumption of Visual Kei something as dissapointing like promising a new Full album and making out of it a best of album before disbanding.

9 Likes

So they had to release a single, which was canceled in favor of the album… Which is canceled in favor of the best album.
Neat.

15 Likes

I can’t believe they announced this AFTER the disbanded bands trade-off SMH. That being said, it was about time… I enjoyed their post-Ryuya stuff but it’s clear that the magic was snuffed out as soon as he GTFO’d

6 Likes

I wondered what was taking the song so long then they changed it to an album so I thought I guess they just want to release it with a bunch of others but now it seems they couldn’t even write a song in all this time? Anyway they were already disbanded in my mind. Just to clarify I have nothing against MISC I actually liked it after getting over my disappointment in the style change, my issue was just with how they handled the whole thing.

Anyway sure would be nice of them to put watashi on the best album but I bet that won’t happen lol…

4 Likes

Is there anyway to listen to watashi online?
Or their whole discography?
I’ve only ever listened to Chedoara, Various, Misc and The silent song. Their major releases pretty much, so I’d like to listen to the rest

After all that, they really should have just disbanded after reaching their peak with CHEDOARA.

2 Likes

dimlim finally breathed their final breath, I’m not sad. Just hope to seem them around after this and with a good manager for the love of god.

1 Like

Weird that they lasted this long and still decided to call it quits despite the YouTube stream, which couldn’t have been cheap to make, and the gigs that they just held. Spontaneous, unpredictable, nonsensical that’s the DIMLIM way.

9 Likes

Honestly, I was hoping for this to happen and wish it had happened sooner rather than later. The project felt like a mess after all the drama. It couldn’t go anywhere. So I’m happy that they can finally move forwards with their life. It’d be best if they all could end up in professional bands that utilize their talents better, but at this point I might even be happy with them becoming farmers. Nothing wrong with bringing more delicious daikon into the world. Better that than more Essence.

9 Likes