DIMLIM will disband

Rip

Sad but necessary, letā€™s just hope we get to enjoy Sho again in some other bands or projects - but Iā€™m not gonna hold my breathā€¦

Iā€™m absolutely devastated by this news. However Iā€™m not going to lie and say this news comes out of nowhere. Itā€™s clear they didnā€™t know where to go after Misc. They divided their fandom but gave their new sound a shot. Ultimately, I think covid really messed with their plans too.

1 Like

Following the D.I.D. template to a T. Only this time, I just laughed when I read the announcement.

3 Likes

.No longer vk and after one year without releases they disbands? I was hoping for a new good album one day Ā·(ĖƒĢ£Ģ£āˆ©Ė‚Ģ£Ģ£)Ā·. I hope to see Sho sometime in the future. T_T they were good.

I also find this oddly relievingā€¦ waiting on anything from them felt like wearing an exā€™s hoodie.

Their discography now is what it is, easier to enjoy it in peace.

4 Likes

Damn this is sad

Most people rejected MISC and the changes, but to me it was a natural evolution, something way more accessible while still retaining a super interesting VK flavor

One thing I wonder is what was the japanese fans reception to their changes and social network antics, cuz the western fanbase whine is WAAAY out of proportion and besides spotify monthly listens, it is mostly irrelevant in the end

I do have a feeling weā€™ll be seeing more from them in the future, non VK related I hope

3 Likes

While the shift from CHEDOARA was a jarring and unexpected one, MISC wasnā€™t shit but at the same time it wasnā€™t super impressive. Tbh i can only think of two standout tracks, whatā€™s up and that love song with the lyric video(I forget the title). Maybe itā€™s just wishful thinking, but itā€™d be cool for him to return to vk, his looks and his vocal range were pretty nice. Atleast give us something like Aijou ni nitsuki if you decide you wanna f off and not do vk anymoreā€¦ Or another Shigarami

3 Likes

If you donā€™t think Whats Up? and Tick Tack are a more accessible version of what they were experimenting with in vanitas, I donā€™t know what to tell you

If you believe its a downgrade its a whole another discussion, a less interesting one tbh, and I say this also believing chedoara is vastly superior

5 Likes

Iā€™d honestly be curious to find a J-Rock band that makes music in the vein of MISC.

2 Likes

Paging @CAT5 . Is there anything in the indie scene resembling MISC.?

1 Like

Weā€™ve disbanded.NOW ITā€™S YOUR TURN NEXT

24 Likes

If thatā€™s not the title of the the BEST OF Iā€™m not buying.

3 Likes

I donā€™t. I donā€™t think the two are even in the same dimension. Also accessibility means absolutely nothing to me. Usually accessable translates to boring generic nonsense i.e. bs people listen to on the radio.

Iā€™m surprised people were still invested in this band. Like, this thread got more replies than most other. I wrote them off a while ago, and Iā€™m not even talking about the music (I liked MISC), but everything else. This seemed pretty much inevitable.

Iā€™m actually quite curious about the best album, would this include Issei-era material? When they were still in denial about not being a real band it seemed like they tried not to acknowledge Chedoara let alone even associate with anything Issei related. I assume a couple new songs would appear on it as well since they promised an album. I would love so much for a few songs off of Various to be remastered, or even the live limited stuff.

1 Like

DIMLIM disbands so D.I.D can reunite?! (yesā€¦plz :frowning: )

8 Likes

tbh I would have much rather them disband after the album. Misc showed a lot of potential in some tracks but was undeveloped. Theyā€™re skilled musicians and could have proved themselves with another release. Or if it turned out shit we could just write them off completely.
But at this point I just hope thereā€™s a little effort put into the best of. A few re recordings and some new songs would be nice

1 Like

Some band have some songs good.
no all songs is good be honest.

I would rather see Sho in a indie project than going back to visual kei. Something avant-garde.

2 Likes