DIMLIM will disband

Now these guys and issei are available, it’s time to manifest a new project involving all of them.

3 Likes

Well, we’ll always have Rijin

3 Likes

This podcast was a good-ass listen btw.

Shit was funny and informative, and it was also good to hear 3 varied takes on DIMLIM’s trajectory.

2 Likes

Hopefully Sho will find new project soon. Also, fingers crossed for whole kidoairaku on their best album

Why am I not surprised?

A shame, hope the members can take their talents elsewhere

Disbanding due to popular demand sounds about right!

I missed this. But is there anything in the J-indie world like MISC.?

Yes and no.

I’ll elaborate.

“No” because of Sho. I’m not sure how much DIMLIM truly thought they estranged themselves from their past on MISC., but Sho could have snorted ALL of the goddamn “essence” in the world, and he’d still sound VK.

There is a certain “VK” quality to vocals whether ppl want to admit it or not. I had a Japanese friend who once told me he couldn’t get into VK cuz it sounded like they were singing with “accents” as opposed to just singing naturally. I’m not entirely sure what the case is, but I do know that Sho has that quality in spades and MISC. didn’t show us anything different on that front.

And I say “Yes”, because while Retsu’s guitar playing is enjoyable, all that mathy noodling and funky/jazzy riffing comes a dime a dozen outside of VK.

Don’t even get me started on those cheesy, stock-sound electronics on MISC. You wouldn’t wanna hear shit like that in or outside of VK.

8 Likes

:coffee:Dimlim tea alert:coffee:

Apparently DIMLIM is being sued by the promoter of the South American venue they were supposed to perform at last year due to not fulfilling refunds to the fans and basically ghosting them after attempted further communication. As such, the disband came as a surprise to them.

3 Likes

does dimlim have any money to even get sued by?

Watch the drama unfold here
https://forum.jrockone.com/t/dimlim/542/297?u=suji

I think you meant sued for and probably not :joy:

whatever your next band will be Sho, I wish you good luck and that you have Uta as bassist.

2 Likes

Nothing New I Know it is disband now what is the deal :unamused:

1 Like
1 Like

Hold up… Thats supposed to be Shibua or Shibuya? On their flyer :eyes:

3 Likes

Eh, they missed the chance to name it “Dimming Lim”, but alright.
Where’s the info on the best/worst album tho, guys.

3 Likes

Sho seems to be growing his hair once again

3 Likes

I fixed the spelling mistake :relieved:

5 Likes

14 Likes