DIR EN GREY new live Blu-ray/DVD "25th Anniversary TOUR22 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________" and LP album "PHALARIS" release

It was one of those soft-case DVDs that had a different serial number & everything - I originally wrote Infinitum, but meant Liquefacio and the bonus bootleg DVD that was typically bundled with it. That may have been a Galaxy Broad exclusive, idk, but I just got the 2BR+CD through them

Preordered my copy of the bluray.

I see. Well, there was a limited period for that pre-order, maybe you missed the time window?
Because NeoTokyo must’ve ordered it via GBS, there was no other seller.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s the case - I still found it weird that it didn’t include the bonus. It was still pre-release, so I’m not sure if that’s something they do regularly or if that was a special case

Yes but the preorder bonus is only included if NeoTokyo preorders in a specific time frame. In this case, it was December 23, 2019 to January 19, 2020. Maybe you can check when you put in your order? Or ask NeoTokyo about it?
Because I’d 100% do that if I were in your shoes.

In my case specifically I ended up getting the flag off mercari for a few bucks & have a rip of the bonus DVD, so I don’t really care. Just wanted to relay my experience with them. I’ll try to pull those emails out later and see if I can find anything

EDIT: I’d ordered it in February so it would have been after that period. The email I got with the order says they typically include bonuses if applicable for what it’s worth

Yeah, probably the same mail that I got then. Good to know, thank you :slight_smile:

Edit: Got a manual response:

Thank you for your message. Pre-order bonuses are always distributed to certain shops in Japan and Korea, which generally receive and distribute them exclusively. So far, we are not aware of or have been notified of any additional extra. This can either mean that there will be no extra bonuses for us due to exclusivity in Japan on this release, or that we will get them if they are also given out by default from the label side, so there will be no notification to us. In this case, we would only find out when the pre-orders arrive in Germany whether they are included as an extra or not. Therefore, there is no guarantee for this at the moment. Thank you very much for your understanding.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Artworks looking nice at least.

Those Camera angles nigh gave me a seizure.

7 Likes

This ain’t bad at all, they sound pretty good!

1 Like

Damn, those drums are clicky as hell.

Is it just me, or does the sorta plastic-ish click on the kick drum sound like it’s a panned off to the left a tiny bit?

1 Like

So, day 0. Time to see how long it takes NeoTokyo to deliver the goods. No email so far.

Damn this got here fast from cdjapan

7 Likes

The Phalaris LP just arrived and it’s pretty cool! No special pre-order goodies, but the packaging is very nice.

2 Likes

I think the only pre-order bonus was offered via Amazon JP. Looks like it’s a part of their “mega jacket” campaign so you’ll get one with a pre-order. They’re pretty lame imo though so you’re not really missing out.

I’ll have to wait till the end of the month to get my copy since it’s shipping with another pre-order. Have you listened to it yet? Really curious how it sounds.

My copy arrived yesterday somehow and I was happy on first listen. It has a lot more soundstage than the digital version, especially on moments like Otogi.

Also it was mastered at JVC by Tohru Kotetsu, who has some really impressive credits.

4 Likes