DIR EN GREY New Single "The Devil In Me" Release

new single after so little of the previous one? Will there be another 3 remakes? or 3 new tracks? or the classic format? too many consecutive., I’m afraid hahaha

I’m shocked that Kyo knows so little about this single. Did they record it without him?

7 Likes

cover art leaked :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Spoiler

Hot_Stuff_the_Little_Devil

5 Likes

creativity 0 to new single name lul

i’m more curious whether they were trying to come up with an interesting b-side rerecording for this upcoming single and ended up instead with 19990120, or was it indeed a planned release.

Name is whatever but eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I’m just excited for new something new :slight_smile:

huh? a tribute to this band?

1 Like

Highly doubt it.

1 Like

probably, kyo is a well known connoisseur of hardcore from portugal

8 Likes

well, that’s a bingo on my prediction they would pull another The world of mercy

1 Like

Can’t wait for the Sustain the untruth remake.
And more terrible artwork featuring said single’s devil-horned ape man.

1 Like

Very exciting and right around my birthday, so awesome.

I wonder if this is an follow-up of 人間を被る, as you know…

“wearing human skin” isn’t so far of “the devil in me”

They probably thought it was halfassed to just rerecord some old songs, and wanted to give the fans something completely new.

About kyo not “knowing” what song it is, is 100% trolling.

3 Likes

You bring out the freak in me :musical_note:

Video game from November 2022 is called “The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me”. Is any of them a gamer?

I think we’re reading too hard into the title. It’s just typical Kyodarkedgy imagery.

5 Likes

We Dir fans love reading too much into things. Frankly it’s a hobby of mine.

No, it’s definitely overtly homoerotic. But you’re right that something is “hard”. The Devil’s _____, of course, being the thing inside Kyo’s posterior. Obviously.

No, it’s definitely a reference to pop culture books and movies like 1956’s Forbidden Planet starring Leslie Nielsen. “Monsters from the Id”, nightmares becoming reality, Ursula Le Guin’s The Lathe of Heaven, Oscar Wilde’s The Picture of Dorian Gray, etc.

No, it’s definitely going to be an anti-religious anarchic rage song which you’d be embarrassed and afraid to play anyone else, especially your parents. “I’ll r**** your daughter on your grave” and all that, except with less Black Flags and Haughtily Flies and more Satan/Jesus, because Jesus Christ R’n’R wasn’t enough for us.

No, it’s definitely implicitly alluding to Carl Jung’s notion of the “Shadow Self”; the repressed alternate persona inside each and every one of us that we guiltily ignore and hide away lest others think ill of our true nature. The Shadow isn’t in itself a bad thing, but it can cause great upset, turmoil, and outward negativity if allowed to overrun the Ego unchecked. Accepting and assimilating the Shadow can lead to a person finally becoming whole. Yeah, it’s definitely going to be about that.

14 Likes

The D.I.M. D.I.M. = Dim ≠ Dim Lim?! DIMLIM is back in 2024! :dotted_line_face:

10 Likes