DIR EN GREY to release new single "朧" ("Oboro") in Spring 2021

The baby murder seems pretty on-brand for Kyo, imo. That’s one of his most used motifs by far.

Anyway, I feel like there’s a lot of stuff cut out from this promo-edit. There are quite a few parts where it feels like the track awkwardly transitions or jumps over something. Curious to hear the full version.

1 Like

I hate these dilemmas. Do I just listen to it now or wait for the whole song next week?

5 Likes

1 Like

Really like the song! I get the Ranuculus vibe as well from it, remind me of their softer songs like Dozen Green and Glass Skin. Imo Ranuculus was my favorite off their latest album. As for the video itself, it’s very nice, Kyo sticks to his theme, with abortion and baby killing. Looking foward to the full version!

Now that i’ve actually listened to the song…it’s pretty good! I like it more than Ochita at first listen and that song eventually grew on me. Echoing what others have said about getting Ranunculus vibes from it. I like Dir en grey more when they show their softer side.

Wow I LOVE this video! From the colors to the aesthetics, just great.
The song itself really sounds like Ranunculus 2 especially the piano in the beginning but I think after a few listens it will develop a more unique vibe. I really like the gently or even soothing mix of the instruments which is a big contrast to the images in the video.

Let’s see how the full version will be. But more important: We are just a few days away from T.D.F.F. so excited for this!

2 Likes

Very typical DEG, we been knew :joy:

If first impression really matters to you, I’d suggest you to wait

2 Likes

I just went for it and watched the PV. What a big beautiful baby.

I approve this video on behalf of the C-section community

The song is so much better than I thought though, even in short ver.

1 Like

By the way, this Shinya x Toshiya interaction currently happening on twitter is giving early 2000s DEG fan service teas :joy::joy:

2 Likes

she is such a queen ughhh we don’t deserve talented acting in our visual kei pivs tbh!!!

I didn’t expect deg utube comments to evolve into a genre of their own, but much like the deadborn abortion in the subject video they did (s/o @ utube anon who discovered gnosticism a week ago and ran to share his revelation-of-mankind.mp3 with us):

𝔑𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔇𝔦𝔯 𝔈𝔫 𝔊𝔯𝔢𝔶 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔲𝔭 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔳𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔬 𝔦𝔫 𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔠𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔤𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔯𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔦𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔢𝔯𝔶 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔭𝔞𝔰𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔟𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔦𝔪𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔠𝔞𝔲𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔟𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔳𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔬 𝔬𝔣 𝔒𝔟𝔰𝔠𝔲𝔯𝔢… 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱’𝔰 𝔰𝔞𝔶𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤! ℑ𝔱’𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔦𝔣𝔲𝔩 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔟𝔳𝔦𝔬𝔲𝔰𝔩𝔶 𝔲𝔤𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔦𝔪𝔲𝔩𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔰𝔩𝔶! 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔟𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔡𝔬𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔫 𝔞𝔪𝔞𝔷𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔧𝔬𝔟 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔟𝔬𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔰… 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔣𝔞𝔫𝔰 𝔦𝔫 𝔄𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔠𝔞 (𝔄𝔫𝔤𝔬𝔩𝔞) 𝔰𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔞𝔰 𝔪𝔶𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣! ℑ𝔫𝔰𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔨𝔰…

𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔳𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔬 𝔟𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔱 𝔊𝔫𝔬𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔠/𝔖𝔞𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔞𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔰 𝔱𝔬𝔬… ℑ 𝔠𝔞𝔫’𝔱 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔭 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔢𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔩𝔶 𝔣𝔦𝔩𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔎𝔶𝔬 𝔞𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔵𝔲𝔞𝔩 𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔣𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℑ𝔞𝔩𝔡𝔞𝔟𝔬𝔞𝔱𝔥 𝔬𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔪𝔭𝔩𝔶 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔞𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔦𝔲𝔯𝔤𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔤𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫 𝔟𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔣 𝔴𝔦𝔰𝔡𝔬𝔪 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔞𝔰 𝔖𝔬𝔭𝔥𝔦𝔞 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔥𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶, 𝔰𝔥𝔢 𝔨𝔢𝔭𝔱 𝔥𝔦𝔪 𝔥𝔦𝔡𝔡𝔢𝔫 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔢𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔞𝔩 𝔭𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔬𝔫 𝔰𝔬 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔞𝔨. 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔲𝔟𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔰 𝔲𝔭 𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔦𝔭𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔫 𝔞𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔖𝔞𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔞𝔫 𝔞𝔤𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔄𝔮𝔲𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔲𝔰… 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔩𝔶 𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔟𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔩𝔶 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔣𝔞𝔦𝔯 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔢𝔰𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔰𝔪. 𝔅𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔬, 𝔟𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔇𝔦𝔯 𝔈𝔫 𝔊𝔯𝔢𝔶 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔞 𝔡𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔡𝔢 𝔫𝔬𝔴… 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡… 𝔬𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔈𝔙𝔈ℜ, 𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶 𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶!

8 Likes

another very normal fan!

I’m ready to go back to the year 2005 when Dir en Gay was Dir en Gay. I’ll take a thousand awkward and horny weebs expressing how hot Kyo/Die/Toshiya is and explaining in detail what they’d do to them if they ever met over this cringy shit any day.

3 Likes

I’ve liked this band for over 10 years now, met all kinds of other fans, thought about if I’m the kind of fan other fans can’t stand, and decided it doesn’t matter. Let them dream. I’m sure you can still find one lovesick delusional weeb fantasy for every pseudo-philosophical cringepost about what this means.

I listened to the song (without watching the video yet) and every member sounds great. The promo edit is awkward as usual but I think it’ll all come together we’ll when we hear the full thing.

1 Like

giphy (63)

my thoughts exactly!!! where is the time machine to 2005… will 2005 Dir en Gay shippers ever come back from the forlorn swamp of the k-pop fandom…

2 Likes

That sounds rubbish. I’ll pass, thanks.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: Wow, this is literally the next level of cringe under Deg’s comment. That’s why I stopped reading them years ago. You made me laugh hard, thank you.

We’re far away from typical comments on how they look and blablabla.

2 Likes

I listened to it twice, some parts really remind me of Ranunculus. Can’t wait for the full version!
Die and his hair continue to make me sad and bitter that mine barely grows past my shoulders… :pensive: