DIR EN GREY to release new single "朧" ("Oboro") in Spring 2021

A bit underwhelming; but it’s fine. Occasionally you need a radio-friendly hit.

1 Like

I’m not sure if their last one was supposed to be Rinkaku or Lotus… or Glass Skin? They’re due for one.

1 Like

New magazine spread

7 Likes

Notable as Kyo actually has clothes on here. Interesting that in both Oboro promo shots, he’s doing his best to be as fashionably different from the rest of the band as possible. Not that this is anything new.

Dude looks pretty indie punk here. Digging the inside-out jacket with the pink lining. I’d be up for a Punk-en-grey album.

4 Likes

They looks amazing! 5 pieces of art!

2 Likes

kasumi, but make it normcore

I like shinya’s hair toner.

3 Likes

more i go forward more i am in Love with Die Aww! :heart: :kissing_heart:

One week until release.

I’ll be in my bunk.

4 Minutes, Get ready!

11 Likes

Looove the song!

Excited to hear the full version.

I am wondering if MV for that version either gonna be on Rage DVD or sold on iTunes like Ningen does :thinking:

Ranunculus 2.0
Still, pretty pleasant to listen to. Die’s part before chorus sounds very soothing, solo after the second chorus is nice, and having a 2nd chorus with just electronics and Kyo somehow makes me think it’ll be the moment for fans to sing along.

2 Likes

mfw watching that:

oboro-pv

can’t wait to see the 13teen rip this off soon!!!

3 Likes

Was going to suggest that we’re due another AVERAGE video collection but we’ve only had one album in the last seven years…

2 Likes

Well, probably we should expect a MEDIOCRE video collection after the next album, since we already have 6 castrated PVs by now. So, either 2 more PVs (1 more single + 1 album), or just 1 PV (from the upcoming album) and they can announce the collection.

1 Like

The addition of violins was a nice touch.

3 Likes

SadaKyo :smirk::smirk: #imsorry

1 Like

I wanna see kitsune ladies fighting each other over leftover placenta in the directors cut, otherwise what are they doing there even lol.

7 Likes

the acting of the woman was great, the production of the music video is breathtaking, especially the birth scene.
But the scene with her killing her baby (kyo) feels complete unnescesary for me.

also I really wish there would have been some harder segment in the song.

2 Likes

I have a feeling we may get it in full version. That cut in the middle was too abrupt.

4 Likes

i like the song but they’ve done better pv-wise