DIR EN GREY to release new single "朧" ("Oboro") in Spring 2021

That’s how a rockstar was born.

2 Likes

I like the clip. I wonder if these concepts are Kyo’s shower thoughts (as in they just randomly pop up while he’s awake and minding his own business) or if they appear in his dreams or something.
Die looks amazing as usual and as someone mentioned in the earlier comments, I too am happy that Kaoru doesn’t look like a hobo anymore. Now he’s just melting.

the song isn’t bad
but to standard dir en grey (in my opinion)

I hope the song has interesting verses at least

1 Like

also will kyo be born naked?

ngl I’m surprised the sample already reminds me of kasumi, I am very tempted to stan

I’m also glad the video is not another android cam mess like they did for ochita.

@blossomingRuin

knowing this band, it will be in the full-version on their next 『average vore』 PV DVD

7 Likes

Sounds like their usual ballad. Pretty safe to listen.
But I’m more than curious about this PV.
EDIT.
Her belly looks like pistachio.

Not what I was expecting from the sample, but I’ll take it!

Yeah this is definitely gonna slap, I can’t get a good read on the whole track of course… but I know it’s gonna be great.

1 Like

ngl I’m surprised the sample already reminds me of kasumi

I’m hoping this one is more Kasumi than Kukoku.

I can’t deny there’s a smoothness to this and Ochita’s chorus that has me really excited for what’s on the new album.

1 Like

Inb4 they pull a MARROW and Oboro is an outlier.

1 Like

I’m a sucker for 6/8 time signatures, so I’m interested.

1 Like

Magnificent i Love DIR EN GREY my Favorite is Die! :heart: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

They know they can’t do that two albums in a row… they won’t… :cold_face:

Wonder if breathing teaser before this is the intro, the closer, or the song break before beats goes down?

Also, what’s with Kaoru posting that Castanet picture on his twitter?

Would it be funny if Oboro got this music instrument in it?

This is how it sounds btw

2 Likes

UM EXCUSE ME??

1 Like

isn’t he like 160? don’t get crazy lol

It’s fine. Sounds like a typical triplet-rhythm Dir en grey ballad in the vein of Ranunculus. Doesn’t particulary interest me much; but I’m sure the song will contain some pleasant surprises.

At 0:04-0:05 that frame rate effect or whatever it is on the hand coming out that makes it look like stop motion I want more of that lol

No I do really like the sound of this though. Still need more than 15sec context but I’m excited

boo no, that’s one of my all time favs!! I guess that just means between us, one will be happy no matter what.

1 Like

That’s not what it is. It has something to do with elementary school, can’t remember the exact meaning.
And if you look closely, it says “Karou” on the paper. It’s a joke about how both his name and the band’s name got written wrong in a published magazine.