DIR EN GREY

Wrestling shirts are famously awful, but Hardcore Chocolate has some good designs. This is actually relevant to my interests, might have to cop :thinking:

also is this related to the collab thing they announced with Dragon Gate last year??? What happened with that?

There was a SukekiyoxHARDCORE CHOCOLATE collab shirt before. So yeah, don’t think I’ll expect something good.

1 Like

This kind of fucks tho :thinking: don’t think I’ve ever seen them explicitly reference The Inugami Family before

That was blown way out of proportion. DIE was there to announce that DIR EN GREY had licensed one of their songs for a Dragon Gate show on Amazon Prime. It was basically just exposure to the wrestling community albeit a small section of it.

1 Like

They’ll put out new information on the album tomorrow, per their manager’s words during today’s stream.
So… cover art incoming?

2 Likes

Probably that and, maybe, new promo photos.

I’ve started saying it more without meaning to haha. Within 10 minutes in a group chat I used that word as well as mentioned having been to a certain town and I immediately got called out on my podcast listening preferences :rofl:

What certain town? :thinking:

Let’s hope so. The album’s out in less than a month.

Is there a point to have all of the old albums if you have the Decade’s, and Vestige besides being a completionist and having everything they’ve ever put out? :thinking:

Sometimes their releases have contests, or bonus content kept separate from international/digital versions. It always ends up somewhere online these days anyway.

If the tracks on their best of albums are enough for you, consider yourself lucky. A lot of us have probably spent more money than we can keep track of on limited editions and singles.

20 minutes until (most likely) the artwork drops~
Either that or band shoots

The artwork actually is reminiscent of Cannibal Ox…

I mean between those two compilations you’re still missing a lot of songs.

3 Likes

There’s TIW, y’know…

2 Likes

Huntington, West Virginia lmao. My ex-fiance had gotten me super into the McElroys when we were together

Some of the songs are Vestige are a different mix (things like Utafumi and some other singles are the single performance and mix, not the album performance/mix). Some songs are re-makes (IIID Empire is a re-recording and the bridge is entirely different).

More than that though, both Vestige and the Decades releases are Best Of albums. Like Saishu said, you miss out on a LOOOOT of songs.

2 Likes

Oh, fun. I haven’t been there in probably two years. When I was a kid up to a teenager we’d go to the mall every week and we lived outside of Portsmouth all the way over in Ohio lol.

1 Like

https://degwiki.com/wiki/VESTIGE_OF_SCRATCHES_(2018)
you can find here which songs are the single versions
all of them have been remastered btw

1 Like

I meant to cover the pre-Arche catalog I have everything, just didn’t know if the best ofs were pretty much everything or not as I remember when they came out, but at the time I’d already had everything and it seemed pointless besides remastering.

Well, from DSS there are only singles and Rasetsukoku. So, not the best representation of the album.

1 Like