DIR EN GREY

4 Likes

In case you were wondering about albums and vocalists that influenced Kyo. As expected it’s George Michael, Akina Nakamori and Lenny Kravitz. Found this on Twitter and I thought it was quite interesting. Not sure how old it is though, I guess the most recent album in this list is Opeth (2014), so it might be a few years old already and therefore is lacking Billie Eilish albums.

7 Likes

Elect the Dead by Serj Tankian is maybe the most surprising choice on there IMO

Pale Communion is a weird one too

Dude has David Sylvian on there. Fucking legend.

1 Like

Isn’t that album collection for a whole band and not just Kyo (Pantera’s album was Kaoru’s first metal album in fact)?

Whoever’s list this is, they seem to really love The Wretched, so that’s cool to know.

Definitely hear a bit of a trip hop influence in immortalis. Wouldn’t be mad if sukekiyo went heavier on the trip hop in subsequent releases :slight_smile:

I think the title states its only the influence on the vocals. It also says other books show the influence on the other instruments. I have the guitar book and Pantera’s album is on Kaorus list. He wrote he first listened to it in high school and was very surprised by it and listened to it everyday at home, playing air guitar to it (if i read the japanese correctly).

But I would like to know from which book the list of Kyo is taken from!

1 Like

Interview with Shinya about Phalaris.

1 Like

Please explain me what is going on here??? Anyone knows more because my life is going to depend on this :'D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgiTrk8rBm1/

It’s… an instagram post with a pic? Not sure what there is to explain.
They don’t come to Chile or anywhere overseas anytime soon, to my knowledge.

Pretty varied. Surprised at the Opeth album considering its one of their worst. Haha.

To all our dear overseas fans,

We would like to know more about you and your needs, so we’d appreciate it if you can take a moment to answer the survey below.

※This survey will take place from today (August 22nd) until September 14th.
※This survey is for overseas and foreign fans only.

4 Likes

Did my part (and you know I picked Missa as the best album)

16 Likes

Damn it this should’ve been my answer to the most liked thing as well.

1 Like

I filled out the survey while going through the Portland airport earlier. One answer I gave was along the line of printing throwback designs from the early days. I wonder how many people selected Missa as one of their favorite albums; it’s a pipe dream if they perform Indies-era material. I’m sure the Chicago crowd will sing their hearts out though

They are 100% planning an overseas tour.

I selected Kisou as my favourite album. :heart:

TOUR2X-XX FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of discography] through Europe, let’s goo!!

6 Likes

I put down that us overseas fans also like their older songs XD
Also asked for more clothing prints/designs on tours

Does anyone actually know what G.D.S stands for? Just occured to me when watching Final Days of Studio Coast that I have no idea and cant find anything online besides dumb joke answers. Haha.