• HADES was composed by 京
  • THE IIID EMPIRE was composed by 京/Die/Toshiya
  • 砂上の唄 was composed by 京/Die
  • RED…[em] was composed by 京/Die
  • MARMALADE CHAINSAW was composed by 京/Die
  • 我、闇とて・・・ was composed by 京
  • 「欲巣にDREAMBOX」あるいは成熟の理念と冷たい雨 was composed by 京
8 Likes

@seelentau You should put this info on Kyo’s page on your wiki! That’s where I looked.

Do we know if Kyo composed both versions of Karma, Ratsetsukoku, and TDSS, or just the originals?

1 Like

Remakes usually have the same composers as the originals by virtue of being remakes, not entirely new songs.

Remade Karma barely even resembles the original, though…

1 Like

Okay, I can’t hold it in any longer. I’m going to have to be that guy, if just for a moment.

How is this a phylogenetic tree? Does this shirt imply that Kyo is a common ancestor of all the band members and that Kaoru and Die evolved from Toshiya abs Shinya respectively?

4 Likes

If you zoom-in hard, then you can see how blood lines make a phylogenetic tree. And you can also notice years written on it.

1 Like

You should put this info on Kyo’s page on your wiki! That’s where I looked.

You can find them on the Members page now :slight_smile:

The songs with Dir en grey as composers are:

• GAUZE -mode of adam-
  • GAUZE -mode of eve-
  • Deity
  • 鬼眼-kigan-
  • ピンクキラー

The songs with unknown composers are:

• 藍紫色
  • 新曲2
  • GARDEN
  • 「深葬」
  • 「芯葬」
  • 「神葬」
  • G.D.S.
  • C
  • 孤独に死す、故に孤独。
  • Jesus Christ R’n R
  • GARBAGE
  • Beautiful Dirt
  • Spilled Milk
  • 鼓動
  • GRIEF
  • THE DEEPER VILENESS
2 Likes

GARDEN obviously emerged fully-formed from the deepest abyss of 90s VK, and was simply channeled by DEG

8 Likes

Awesome addition. That must have taken some time. Thank you!

I thought GARDEN was Kaoru

Why?

I think I remember reading it on Wikipedia a decade ago, but of course this is not reliable. @Missa, if you have the booklet can you check for us?

The booklet just credits the composition to Dir en grey, with Kyo getting the lyric credit of course

1 Like

The page for MISSA was only created this year, on the English wikipedia at least.
I checked the edit history of the Japanese version, but it never said “Kaoru” either.

1 Like

It was there a while ago, just deleted for being extraneous when Wikipedia was on their purge everything arc. There’s no guarantee the info there was accurate, but it was there. All the liner notes used to be there, which is how I first came across them.

Yeah, the page got deleted in 2017, but it’s viewable in the WBM: https://web.archive.org/web/20161231033258/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missa_(EP)
All available entries say “Dir en grey” as the composer, though.

Maybe you’re confusing it with Kaoru saying that they re-recorded GARDEN for the Kaede VHS?
Because he did say that in his Dokugen book, iirc.

Oh btw in case anyone is wondering why GARDEN is listed under “unknown composers”, but is credited to “Dir en grey” in the booklet:
This is because the list is more detailed. So for example, Aoi Tsuki is credited to “Dir en grey” in the booklet, but in an interview, Kaoru explained that he composed the song.
For “GARDEN”, no such explanation exists, while the songs I credited to “Dir en grey” were actually confirmed to have been composed by all of them.

1 Like

This must be it then! Thank you for confirming my suspicions and proving me wrong with source!

Hahaha I didn’t mean to prove you wrong, sorry if it appeared as opinionated :smiley:
Was just curious and wanted to do my due research before adding anything to the wiki.

1 Like

Sort of related, a bit: Dynamite Tommy spoke in some old Haiiro no Ginka issues about his history with Dir en grey up until, I think, VULGAR or so?

Would anyone here want to translate it for the community? I already scoured the text for wiki-relevant info, but I feel like a proper translation might interest some people here, since it also gives a bit of insight into the behind-the-scenes stuff of the indies era etc.