Dream collaborations

Pretty simple what Artist(s) would you like to see collaborate be it live performance, an actual release, or even just produce something for another band/artist.

For me it’s Mike Patton and Kyo from Dir en Grey. These are my two favorite musicians and I would love to see them produce material together in any way, shape, form, or fashion. This is my absolute wet dream.

What are some of yours?

4 Likes

Good idea for thread! One time I told my friend I want an Adele feature on a Sukekiyo ballad, and this dumb idea has lived rent-free in my head ever since.

For something more plausible, I would love a Sukekiyo x Cali Gari single, especially with how much I liked the latter’s collab tracks with deadman. I think Sukekiyo’s new direction would mesh very well with Cali Gari’s New Wave leanings. Shuuji did a remix on Immortalis, so I guess it could happen (even something with Goatbed, maybe?)

I also occasionally pine for Galneryus to make an album with SHO as well as Yama-B, but I know this won’t happen.

2 Likes

Maria Cross on vocals and Yoshiki on piano

3 Likes

Feat Oli London, please

1 Like

I would like to see Jin and Kyo doing something together. They both have similar leaning when it comes to emotion so I think they could be very interesting to see.

1 Like

You mean Jin form ARTiCLEAR?

1 Like

Yes, that’s him

The duets would be legendary.

1 Like

Sakurai Atsushi (Buck-Tick) – vocals
Hiro (La’cryma Christi) – guitar
Yuana (Kagerou) – guitar
Toshiya (Dir en grey) – bass
Mika (Sukekiyo) – drums

1 Like

So you want a super band. Nice choices BTW.

Just a heads up because this thread exists

1 Like

I was intending this thread to be more general. Specifically I was hoping to see more non Japanese with Japanese artists. Not vk or super bands specifically.

I want to see what would happen if Mikael Åkerfeldt and Mirai Kawashima collaborated.

1 Like

Opeth and Sigh now that’s what I was looking for. That would be fucking genius.

I’m not even entirely sure I could handle the results.

Oh okay, sorry. In that case, since Petit Brabancon is blowing up and they are pretty numetal in concept I would like to see some big numetal stars playing or singing with them. Maybe Chino Moreno or Jonathan Davis doing some featuring vocals.
Or I would like to see a switch up of bands, like Tatsurou from MUCC doing vocals in Korn.

2 Likes

Deftones and Korn are my absolute favorite Nu-metal. This would be spectacular. Very good idea.

1 Like

Bunyós Pityu x Sawano Hiroyuki

I’d love to see some Jpop stars like Hiroomi Tosaka or Exile Shokichi collab with VK bands.

I mean Shokichi participated on a song with sukekiyo, which is cool and i’d love
e to see more of thst kind of stuff

1 Like

draw the emotional rising from their grave and making a song with Sho as vocalist.