ex-D’ESPAIRSRAY Gt. KARYU, Ba. ZERO and Dr. TSUKASA "new" band "Luv PARADE" will restart their activities

well, you can pay to watch the streaming…

… and its over.

1045e9a19ede1f9e0129b5e4bea31a2d_w200

2 Likes

3 Likes

“You will be holding DEVIL’S PARTY 2022 Vol. 2 in September. This time NUL. will participate, too. Is there a possibility fans will get to see HIZUMI join you for a D’ESPAIRSRAY song?

Karyu: It would still take time for D’ESPAIRSRAY to be able to play D’ESPAIRSRAY’s songs again one day.”
:thinking:

4 Likes

That’s his way of saying possibly without activating the hype engine.

Just bring D’espairsray back already :pray:

5 Likes

Sounds like copyright/label issues? It’s been 11 years since their disbanding, so maybe the label owns the rights for 15 years?

copyright issues would also explain why (i think) only reedemer is officially up as a MV on youtube

1 Like

Debating on buying this, 4,000 is only $28 and that’s a good lineup for such a cheap price. I guess the only negative could be short set lists, but seeing the latest iteration of ryo is appealing.

strange answere since they covered despairs ray songs.
Also there was a one day coming back?
So is it really copyright?

HIZUMI: Yes. I can’t produce those long, high tones I used a lot when I was in D’espairsRay well anymore. As such, I try to stay away from them when writing melodies these days and it seems to be working.
[…]
HAKUEI: Do you know the cause of this problem?

HIZUMI: It’s probably an autonomic nervous system-related problem. It’s not a nodule or something like that. Even if it was a nodule, I’m the type of person who would recover very quickly from these things.

I was examined so many times by doctors, but I’ve always been told that my vocal cords were in perfect condition without anything out of the ordinary. However, when it comes to singing, it results in something unusual. There is a disorder called dystonia, and it’s probably what affects me.

HAKUEI: Wouldn’t taking some rest be the best solution here?

HIZUMI: Actually no, even resting for a while will probably not cure me. I will most likely improve my state if I can find a way to make my body move more in harmony with my mind. If dystonia fully occurs, the body will move on its own, independently from my own will. When I try to produce high tones, I suddenly run out of power and my voice suddenly breaks.

HAKUEI: An autonomic nervous system-related problem then… It must be tough.

HIZUMI: But as I said earlier, I think about melodies based on what I’m able to produce with my current abilities, and I perform them if I judge that they are physically suitable for me. Thanks to this process, I am able to enjoy singing without stress.

8 Likes

So death point and love is dead are up on universal Japan, horizon and kamikaze are missing. :thinking:

Maybe they’re not allowed to perform them under “D’espaisray”. If you cover a song, the artist usually gets royalties from that. If a band plays their own songs, not afaik.

Might be the same reason why girugamesh made a song on the MUCC cover album, but were not listed in the tracklist and credited as “Satoshi x Shuu x Nii x Ryo”

3 Likes

feels fuckt up to need to pay fees to be able to pay your own song.

But seems Hizumi said the reason in the interview above. But still… why not coming back in a different style what allows your voice? guess to afraid that your old fans won’t like it anymore?

REDEEMER and FINAL CALL too, everything after redeemer is on youtube

I think he is afraid of the dicease getting worst and affect his whole body, but at the same time, it is know that they had issues with Universal Japan so who knows

1 Like

Some songs don’t sound right if you pitch the vocals down.

I talk about new songs.
forget the old songs. create new.

there are plenty of bands who sound different overtime

Definitely. NUL songs could have been new D’espairsRay.

2 Likes